stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI Arc issue

Presuming you’re required to send the kit back or take back to store? It’s not just refunding the money? 

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Yes you have to return the equipments to get a refund.

mechs85
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

Sounds interesting Thierry. 

im in the U.K. now and I’ll be sorting out this return this week. 

I see the moderators edited my post about the US owners using their legal rights so I guess they’re impressing but just have nothing for us. 

flickwizard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

This is very, very disheartening to say the least.

Jrui
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Went a few weeks without losing sound. Thought issue was resolved. Forget it, sound just went out. Time to reset everything again.   So disappointed with BOSE. 

bsriram84
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

hi,

i have the same issue as what you have.

the 5.1 soures in netflix or orther devices dont seem to work. tried all possible combinations of pulling out the hdmi cables, power cables, etc but it mostly doesnt work. very rarely, it randomly works with 5.1 sources.

do you still have the issue playing the soudbar with 5.1 sources. i have an LG OLED65-C9 model and the soundbar 700.

this is very frustrating. raised the query to the customer support team. did not expect this from BOSE. 

Jrui
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Hello- apparently, it’s a software issue with the soundbar that BOSE has yet to resolve. When I unplug power and hdmi cable to reset system it’ll work for a while. But than it just loses ARC connection again. When it works, it works fine including all 5.1 programming.  Hopefully BOSE is working to resolve problem. Glad I purchased extended warranty. I’ll wait for now and see what happens  

Hogans
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

We lost the hdmi arc connection AGAIN 2 weeks ago. I've done literally everything to reset it. NOTHING is working this time!!! Able to use the Bluetooth from the TV. This is crap! I'm so done with this expensive piece of garbage! Geez we spent $2000 on a Bluetooth speaker for our phones. Alexa used to play music to it, but now if I enable the skill the stupid soundbar becomes Alexa! Even with the microphone off!!! Talk to Alexa and the dumb soundbar answers. BR AWESOME IF WE COULD HEAR THE TV THROUGH IT! 🤦🏼‍♀️. Kinda why we bought the dumb thing that we can't return and Bose obviously could care less. When I call they always say I don't have an account with them. OMG yes I do.... Ugh. Then the whole use the optical cord. No sorry didn't spend $2000 on a soundbar, wireless wolfer, & 2 wireless speakers to have it sound Anything less than $2000 worth! So done with Bose! *Edited by moderator.*

SyXbiT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

I had to run an optical cable. So far it works and hasn't broken. However, my remote can't change the volume (it uses HDMI-CEC), and I lose DTS. Pretty pathetic for an $800 device. But at least sound works for now.

Scoobyterzo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Disconnect the bar from the internet iv never really had much issues with mine but my internet was down for a week n I had no issues with it at all so when I put a new router in I never connected back to the internet and that was 4 months ago only down side is u can’t use Alexa.