Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elluin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

Bose Soundbar 700 Keeps Rebooting

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Soundbar 700

Country

USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Bose sound bar 700

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

My Bose sound bar 700 reboots (I assume that's what it's doing. The sound stops and there is a blinking light for 20 or 30 seconds and then the sound comes back). I looked up flashing white light and it appears to mean that the unit is rebooting. I've tried resetting but nothing works. It just reboots at random. This morning it rebooted 3 times in an hour. Is anyone else having this problem? Oh I'm using an optical cable and I have already change the setting that needs to be changed for that.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Living room. I have an Amazon echo that controls various things (phone, lights, DirecTV, Soundbar).

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It did it a couple of times at first. I just thought it was downloading something or updating. Happening a lot more now. Only had it about a month so far.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I have looked at this issue and they recommended Rebooting. I have done that and it hasn't helped. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Keeps Rebooting

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Sorry to hear this.

If you wish to look through service, please contact your local Bose product support team. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. Do note, if you are contacting through Facebook or Twitter, our agents cannot process any payment transactions or out of warranty services.

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Sam_F

Hey Elluin,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community! I'm sorry to learn you're encountering a reboot issue with your Soundbar 700, but I'd be happy to help.

Does the happen when your streaming music through the Bose Music app, or when watching/listening to TV? How quickly is the white LED on the soundbar pulsing? It pulsing fast, this could refer to the system trying to reconnect to a Bluetooth device/WiFi network. How far from the soundbar do you have your WiFi router placed, and do you recall any issue streaming music through the Bose Music app in the past?

In regard to the reboot, did you disconnect the system from power for two minutes before re-connecting? This will perform a full power cycle.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Elluin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

The sound bar is only a a few feet From the router. I don't have a problem Streaming music. I have an Amazon music account. This happens when I watch TV. I just tried unplugging it for 2 minutes and 5 minutes after I plugged it back in it did it again. The sound cuts out then a white light start slowly Blinking (every second or so) Lasting 20 or 30 seconds. Then the sound comes back on.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know that Elluin. It's interesting that the reboots only happen when you are watching TV and not with streaming music. Have you noticed any pattern to when the soundbar will reboot at all? Is it always after a certain amount of time, only when you adjust the volume/channel/etc, or anything like that?

Do you have another TV, or any other devices with an optical output you could test the soundbar with to see whether the TV itself is triggering these reboots somehow. I know many cable boxes, DVD players, and games consoles have an optical output, if you connect the soundbar directly to the optical output here and test to see if the soundbar still reboots, and let me know if your soundbar still reboots that would be useful to know! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Elluin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

I don't normally stream music with it but after your message I tried and It cuts out when streaming music as well. It cuts out much more Then the TV. I currently have an optical cable hooked up. It is doing it much more when I stream music. I can't listen to music for more than 5 minutes before it starts doing it again. 

Elluin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

Actually this morning I woke up and Everything was off, The white light was blinking again (like it does  when the noise cuts out) for about 20 or so seconds then it stopped. It is doing it a lot more now. Would it be the optical connection? Do I need to use HDMI? Also we reset everything again and left it unplugged for 2 minutes. 

Jessie_O

Hey Elluin, 

Thank you for confirming. 

Did the issue resolve itself after the reset? 

I do not believe this is related to the optical connection as you are also having issues when streaming. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Elluin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

No it did not. We performed a factory reset today and the issue is still not resolved.

Elluin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

It is doing this much more now. The sound stops and in a couple seconds the light blinks white (one blink every second or so) the blinking goes on for 20 or 30 seconds, then the sound returns. Sometimes right after the sound returns it cuts out again and the whole process starts over.

Charlotte_G

@Elluin Thanks for getting back to us. I can understand how inconvenient this must be. Let's make sure that the latest firmware has been loaded correctly. You can do this by visiting Updating the software or firmware of your product and follow the steps to update via USB.

Should those not resolve the issue, I'd recommend reaching out to local support to arrange servicing of the system. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'