Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Bose Soundbar 700 - Sound Dropping each 10-15 minutes

Dear @bose

After 1 Year purchasing the Soundbar 700 + Subwoofer 700, it was perfect until 1.5 months ago until today (Friday 6 March 2020), my stupid Soundbar 700 cutting sound per day is over 10 times.

Been monitoring and analyzing it since 2 weeks now. the outcome is the following:

- Replaced the Optical Audio with the ARC HDMI cable.

- CEC is OFF

- AV Group Sync: Sync with Group

- Standby Timer: never

17:00 --> while watching Netflix, audio was good with HDMI.

17:03 --> Audio increased suddenly by itself / Lightning on the bar was there blinking white.

Another thing on same day:

Replaced the ARC HDMI cable with Optical Audio again,

22:56 --> Sound was ON

23:00 --> Sound was OFF

Lightning bar is there

23:01 --> Sound is Back ON with LOW Volume.

23:15 --> Sound is back OFF

23:16 --> Sound is back ON with LOW Volume

23:25 --> Sound is back OFF ...............................................

I did all the steps from Router / Turning everything OFF 30 sec, then reboot, remove the Bose Music App, to resetting the remote control. Nothing is working out.

BOSE Dubai needs me to pay 250 Dirhams so their support comes and check the issue.

I am trying today to do firmware update via my laptop.

My current firmware update on my Bose Music App is 7.0.11-7872+c14c25a

I will try to do manual updates now and will see what the outcome will be.

Hopefully to hear from Bose Expertise persons about this bug.

Regards,

Ely

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - Sound Dropping each 10-15 minutes

Hi Ely,

Thank you for posting and joining us in the community!

So I can get a better idea of your setup and what is happening, I do have a few questions for you.

To clarify what is happening, what you are experiencing at the moment is audio issues when using your TV with the soundbar. When connected via HDMI, the volume suddenly increased by itself. When connected via optical cable, the audio cuts out intermittently and the volume is lower than usual. Have I got that correctly? Let me know if I have misunderstood anything.

As you mentioned a light flashing on the soundbar when you have this issue, what pattern does it show? If you can let me know which of THESE is closest to what you are seeing that would be really helpful!

Rebooting the soundbar and checking whether the remote is controlling the soundbar without you realizing are both good steps to take for this, as well as testing with both the HDMI and optical cable. So, thank you for trying that and letting us know. After doing these steps did you notice any change to how the soundbar behaved?

I'm curious as to why you reset the router and removed the Bose Music app though, are you also getting issues when streaming over Wi-Fi, or just form the TV?

One good thing for you to note, 7.0.11 is the latest firmware for your soundbar so you should not need to perform any updates. You can try running it again manually if you would like though, just to make sure it updated correctly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Hello Keith,

Thanks for your quick response.

To be clear in my note, Both HDMI ARC and optical had same issue.

Anyways, yesterday evening, I tried to do the update manually as I said, and I saw that I have the same firmware update, but while uploading the file from my laptop via USB cable to the Soundbar, it gave me some error and need to re-download the file. So I tried it 3 times then i stopped.

I rebooted the Soundbar / The Router.

The result since  yesterday (Friday 6 March till today Saturday 7 March 2020), all day was monitoring and no interruption at all in the sound. 😄 - Weird, no ? 

Replying to some of your questions; the light is the 2nd choice of the page you sent me:
"Solid White fading to Black indicates the soundbar has connected to a Wi-Fi network. When the Bluetooth mode has been selected, this activity indicates the soundbar has connected to a Bluetooth device. " 

But couple of hours ago, I wanted to connect my laptop and my iPhone to listen to some music via Bluetooth, but the Bluetooth button not working on my remote, neither the Bose Music App functioning properly. not able to connect new devices such my iPhone neither my laptop + I am not able to add  in Accessory speakers, the Base Module 700. it disappears and the page of Accessory Speakers is empty.

Alexa doesn't work in our region (i live in Dubai, UAE).

Conclusion:

Sound is perfect now, no cutting off at all.

Issue with Bluetooth and Base Module not appearing / connecting.

Kindly advise,

Waiting for your feedback.

Ely

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Dear Keith,

Just to add also that I am in my Bose Music App right now and everything was empty under:

- Product Name (keeps on telling me to rename my product)

- Accessory Speakers --> Page Empty

- Audio: 

etc ....

Suddenly everything re-appears again. Base Module appears again also.

but still issue in my bluetooth.

Error output in red: " Could not put Bose 700 into pairable mode, please try again "

thanks.

Highlighted

Hello Ely,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm glad to hear most of the issues are now resolved but I'm sorry to hear there are still problems with Bluetooth. 

Since resetting, have you tried to clear the paired device list and tried to create a new connection to the device? You can do this by following these instructions.

Please give this a try and let me know how you get on!

Thanks.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Dear Jeff,

sorry for late reply but this COVID-19 is taking us most of our times.

Well  the only thing that is not working now is the Bluetooth.

Even i click on Bluetooth button it doesn't switch to it or even turn blue.

I tried to reset the bluetooth pairing, even, nothing at all.

I clicked 10-15 seconds as you told me, nothing as well.

not sure what happened with the bluetooth.

waiting for ur feedback

Highlighted

Hi Ely, 

Thanks for coming back to us! I think a reset would be super helpful for you right now! 

Simply unplug the soundbar for 30 seconds and then plug it back in and retry the connection. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

hello Jessy,

Yes I disconnect it from power and replug it, I was able to play music directly from my itunes to soundbar. But from Youtube, sound was not coming from Soundbar.

+ in addition, the Bluetooth Icon is not working on my remote, if i press on Bluetooth button, it doesn't turn blue, nothing.

I was at work most of the week, im an IT manager and due to Covid-19, we are managing 280 employees to start working from home. so my time is so tense and the last thin I want now is as of today, my lovely soundbar, start again to lose the sound suddenly, the light bar starts blinking for 20 seconds then suddenly Volume comes up so high.

so ridiculous what is going on with this soundbar.

appreciate your help once again or i can take it to BOSE and let them figure it out.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @elyt, thanks for the update.

Interesting that the Bluetooth button still isn't responding as intended. Do all other buttons on the Universal Remote work correctly? Have you tried resetting the remote, by removing and re-installing the batteries? It may also be worthwhile checking out the full reset process for the remote from our website HERE. Are you able to try to initiate Bluetooth pairing from within the Bose Music app on the soundbar?

Can you tell us a little more about the exact sources that you're using and how they're being initiated? Where is the iTunes audio and YouTube audio being initiated from - is this AirPlay 2? The clearer the information that you can provide, the better. Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Hello Andy,

Sorry for my late reply but honestly speaking, I am so overloaded with my work from home and the last thing I want is the headache from that soundbar.

2 days ago, I had to RESET it all over again as if I am unboxing a new soundbar. I did the fully reset, Soundbar 700 and Bse Module worked perfectly for 1 hour.

Then, GUESS who's Back ?

yes the Sound interrupted again, stopped for 1 minute.

At the moment, I have reset it again but i did not connect it to the internet WI-Fi router at home, I just kept it as is only HDMI (arc) - It has a sound but it turns Off by itself and turn into Orange color.

Honestly I am sick of it.

I am trying to see if the Warranty still valid date but I am not able to find the page where I can see if my S/N still on warranty or not.

my S/N of soundbar is: 078882P83372528AE

I need a final solution since last 4 months I am not enjoying it anymore.

Cheers,

ELY