KEYSDA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 Sound Issue

I’ve just noticed a clicking / rattle type sound coming from the right side of the 700 sound bar after having this unit for 2 months. It effects all inputs, Netflix / Cable / Music.

Currently connected to TV by HDMI Arc Cable and have the wireless sub connected as well.

I’ve tried a hard reset and reconnecting cables but the rattling is still there.

Can someone help me? The speakers are great otherwise but this isn’t something I expected from a high end product like this.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Sound Issue

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi all,

We're happy to let you all know that firmware update, 4.0.9, has been released today. You can read more information from the thread HERE

As noted in the thread, this update will process automatically between the hours of 2:00 AM – 5:00 AM local time. It may take 24-48 hours to receive the update. There is no way to force this update immediately. 

We'd like to thank you all for your continued patience. 

Kindest,

Andy B

12 REPLIES 12
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

There are others out there with the same issue following recent updates .
Highlighted

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to post. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had, and would be happy to help try and resolve this!

Can I ask that you check the following for me please?

1) Reset the Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700. The Soundbar 700 through the following:
• Turn the soundbar off
• Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
• Wait 30 seconds
• Reconnect the power cord
• Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot
Reset Bass Module 700 by following these steps:

• Unplug the bass module power cord from the power outlet.
• Wait 30 seconds.
• Reconnect the bass module power cord.
• Wait 15 seconds for the bass module to power up and reconnect.

I would also recommend the below:

2) Turn 5.1 off on the TV sound settings
3) Turn Dialogue mode on and then back off from the Bose Music App
4) Adjust the Bass and Treble from the Bose Music App. 

Please get back to me to let me know how the above goes!

Liam W - Community Support

MartyTannen81
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

@Liam_W 

Nothing of this is working like we told. And like others said: It´s time waisting of us costumers...

From abxwy:

"Bose Employees: Clearly this is a software related issue that is affecting many users, you have basically said as much vaguely in your replies. Please stop wasting peoples time with senseless troubleshooting tasks such as resets/toggling inputs. This issue is caused by the lack of bug testing on the part of Bose and renders my entertainment system useless as it is extremely uncomfortable to sit with a constant buzz in the right channel. This has made the process of watching anything on my TV infuriating. End users of a "premium" products should not be required to work out bugs and waste time due to a lack of knowledge by the manufacturer and an ill tested firmware upgrade. 

If this issue is not resolved within a week I will be returning my sound system. Bose has basically bricked it with the last update. I have recorded video/audio of the distortion should I receive any pushback. Hopefully people post reviews of this product online documenting this issue so buyers can beware. 

And no, I will not be performing another factory reset or providing an in-depth explanation of my configuration."

And from me:

"It's a joke the buyers are supposed to be helping here. I already invested three hours of my time before I came across this thread. The system reset, all cables replaced, etc. And all this because the software team has released a very faulty software again. I am slowly losing confidence in this "premium" brand. This is about sound! And a software is released that completely destroys it and then the consumers have to help with the troubleshooting, although obviously extremely many are affected...**bleep**"

BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

I agree. I've thought for a long time that firmware and software releases have not been tested properly "in the real life situations" otherwise they would have discovered all the flaws that us customers have found . They haven't even bothered yet to release a new Music app version for Android users to correct the swap between Bass level and Subwoofer volume level wording which must be very confusing for new buyers.
KEYSDA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Hi Liam,

I’ve tried all of your recommendation and still have the same issue. Based on the number of people with the same issue that started with the last firmware update, I firmly believe Firmware 4.0.8 is broken.

When speaking with one of your advisers over the phone, they suggested I ship the unit back to Bose for repair. This would have left me with no Soundbar for around 4-weeks.

I’m very disappointed in the customer service around this issue. Thankfully I took the time to look in the community forums before shipping my device away.

I expect a firmware fix ASAP. I did not expect this type of issue to arise given the price tag that comes with this equipment.
Evanfelts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I too am having popping noises in the right side of my unit and I will agree that it’s very frustrating to try to enjoy any show with a popping noise. I am an audio engineer and I have tested the same audio application on all of my audio sources around the house and it’s definitely something wrong with my unit. Will this be fixed with a software update?
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi all,

We're happy to let you all know that firmware update, 4.0.9, has been released today. You can read more information from the thread HERE

As noted in the thread, this update will process automatically between the hours of 2:00 AM – 5:00 AM local time. It may take 24-48 hours to receive the update. There is no way to force this update immediately. 

We'd like to thank you all for your continued patience. 

Kindest,

Andy B

Evanfelts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I updated to 4.0.9 and now I can’t select Dolby audio from my tv when connected via HDMI Arc. Are any others having this problem?

Hi Evanfelts,

Thank you for your contribution to this thread. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

Do you by any chance have an optical cable that you could try and see if the issue reoccurs?

I would also recommend resetting your Soundbar.

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Let me know if the issue persists and I will be happy to assist further. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support