Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raananzvi
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 Volume Levels Are Loud

Hello,

I have Bose Soundbar 700 that I connect to the TV using the HDMI ARC connection.

Today my old TV was replaced from LG NanoCell 65SM9000 to LG NanoCell 65NANO90.

When the soundbar was connected to the old TV, I was able to control the volume of the sound bar in much greater granularity. I was able to slowly increase the volume of the speaker.

Now in the new TV, it seems that the volume levels are less granular. At one level the volume is low, and the next level the volume is too loud (one click on the volume up button).

It seems that I had 100 volume levels and now I only have 10 levels of volume

Is there a way to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Volume Levels Are Loud

Hey @raananzvi, thanks for posting!

This is a very unusual issue that you seem to be experiencing with the volume increments of your Soundbar 700. 

Are you using the Soundbar 700 Universal Remote to control the volume or a 3rd party remote? 

I'd first suggest that we reset the soundbar. This can be done by removing the power for 30 seconds.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
raananzvi
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Thanks, I will try this later today and will report back.

To answer  your question, I'm using the LG remote control which is controlling the volume. I will try to use the Bose remote, although I love the fact that I don't need an extra remote to do that.

Kaysoo60
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

I also have the same volume issue. Using LG magic remote the +/- makes the volume go up in large increments. I had the Bose app open when hitting +/- and the volume bar moves in 3 steps. A small amount then a medium amount and then a larger amount. When using Bose remote it is fine grain control. 

so researching lg remote now. 

Buckethd48
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

I just purchased an LG Nanocell Tv and Bose Soundbar 700- I'm seeing the same problem with the volume granularity also when using the LG remote for volume. Same thing occurs when using either Airplay or Bluetooth to stream music from my iPhone.  One click of the volume adjustment on my phone is equal to 3-4 clicks on the Bose remote.  Has anyone found a solution to this?