Highlighted
mshrake
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Bose Soundbar 700 cannot be added to "Everywhere" Alexa speaker group

I love the sound of my new Bose Soundbar 700, and the Alexa integration is great.

I can control my lights and other Alexa devices with no problems.

However, I cannot add the Sound bar 700 to the "Everywhere" speaker group.  It does not show up in the list no matter what I have tried.

What am I missing?

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 cannot be added to "Everywhere" Alexa speaker group

Hello mshrake,

Thank you for posting on the community and welcome!

I'm happy to hear you're loving your new Bose Soundbar 700 with the Alexa Integration.

The new Smart Home speakers can't be integrated into an "Everywhere" speaker group with other Alexa devices, but I will be glad to pass this along to development as feedback. 

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

mshrake
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Joel,

Please do.  This is a major miss by Bose.  The main reason I chose this sound bar was for the Alexa integration.  While I can play music, not integrating into the rest of the "Everywhere" group devices is a dissapointment.

I may return the sound bar 700, sub 700 and the surround speakers if this cannot be corrected. 

As I am sure you know, Sonos has a simmilar product that has a more complete Alexa integration.

jwellman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

Glad I found this before purchasing.  Has this been addressed?  Being able to be added to an “Everything” group for whole home audio is a major feature I’d be expecting at the high price for the bar and the sub...nearly bought the 700 + sub today but wanted to do some research first.  

Thanks,

Jared

DJ Terry
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

Hi 

Is this a feature Bose will ever allow/add? 

At the moment it looks like you can't even fool it. I've tried to connect my Bose Soundbar 700 + 700 Bass Module to my Echo Plus via bluetooth, and then play as a group. But the sound stil only come out of the Echo devices. 

It would be brilliant if it could be added to an Alexa group.

Hello DJ Terry,

Thank you for the post.

I have passed this request along to development. 

There has been no new information on if this will or will not be implemented,

We will let the community know if anything changes.

Warm Regards,

Joel 

whinySmurf
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

I feel terrible posting this on Christmas morning, but I was really hoping to enjoy this feature today, with my new echo products, and found this thread. Stilling to find out if this has been addressed. This, along with the inability to 'switch back to tv, or optical' via Alexa is a major flaw. It makes me think the product was rushed out in time for Christmas. I'm fortunately still within the 30 day window. I'm seriously considering returning all of it: the sound bar, the sub, the surround, the floor stands, and even the wall mount brackets. Even if I don't, I can't say I'll be recommending this product--at its INSANE price point, with such sloppy software development. So much of Bose has been its unassailable name for quality. Even the greatest companies can fall (GE). No one is immune. The world has changed. Hardware isn't enough. Please get it together. Oh, and merry Christmas.
chris123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Thank you for the comfirmation that this doesn’t work. I expected this to work when it was advertised as integrated with Alexa. Now I’ve found that amazon music is not compatible in my location through the Bose music app . Canada. ? Really. ? I’m hoping there is a software update soon. For the price it seems to be some major things lacking. Sound quality it great but intergration is lacking which is a reason it was purchased.
Scott Z
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Yes, this needs to be added, and a big miss by Bose.  I purchased the Soundbar for my main TV because of the integration with Alexa, instead of going with a Sonos system.  There should be an Asterisk on that integration, or call it partial integration.

I'm considering other options for my other TVs that do fully integrate with Alexa.

Please bump this up the list with development team.

David Matthews
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

I wish I had known about this. I wouldn’t have spent £700 had I known. Dreadful failure by BOSE. Please get it fixed.