Re: Bose Soundbar 700 cannot be added to "Everywhere" Alexa speaker group

Hi Purposeo,

We are still working with Amazon to integrate more smart speaker functionality for our speakers. It's definitely something we would like to add in the future.

Whenever this feature is available it will be announced on website or even here on our community forums. This will be shown as an update change/addition.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

David Matthews
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Frankly, that isn't good enough. You are in danger of losing a lot of customers and need to get this addressed immediately. We need a date when the software will be updated.

coccetti
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

I am waiting for multiroom integration since I bought the soundbard Bose 700, six months ago. I was sure that multiroom integration was working, since they advertised that the product was shipping with Amazon Alexa. They did not specify any limitation with Alexa.

Now Bose should say when they expect to develop multiroom integration on their products. It is not enough to state that they are working on it.

christopherforrester
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

I would like to add my name to the list of people who are fairly upset about the lack of multi-room integration. I feel like I got duped. I had no idea. Just purchased this speaker. I haven't even received it yet and already know that I will likely return it because the multi-room integration is almost certainly a deal breaker for me. I know the response is going to be, over and over again, that it has been submitted to development. But, it feels a bit deceptive that this speaker is advertised as an Alexa capable speaker and lacks such an integral part of the Echo/Alexa ecosphere.

t3kn0logix
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

does anyone know if the paid spotify account allows you to see the 700 series speaker in the list of wifi speakers you'd like to connect with? i just recently purchased the google audio 'chromecast' dongles to set up some of my prior bluetooth/hardwired speakers, and am in the market for a home theater system but now that this along with no soundtouch integration and bose having two products on entirely different apps that arent compatible, makes me really question buying another bose product if their support for this many people over the course of 5ish months has been this awful. Sure your product sounds good but if it cant do what it advertises it doesnt justify your price point. Sonos, amazon, google, and raumfeld (a wireless system that has a similar quality of sound from the reviews i've seen thus far) all sound like they are further ahead on the R&D of the apps and carrying forward their products into the future. Our old bose system still works great 20 years later (the 3-2-1 series II), but support for any of your systems hasnt been carried forward very well from past to present, which is disappointing. 

David Matthews
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Yes, Spotify can see the 700 as a speaker, but only as a speaker, not part of a group.

Highlighted
t3kn0logix
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Thank you for the quick reply, I have found Samsung n950 is compatible with Alexa and groups and offers a similar package to what the new bose system is offering while also including the new audio formats and more HDMI ports not offered by Bose so I will most likely be going that route. Spent upwards of 10hrs researching so far and glad I have been!
FrankKCgo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

I do agree. Alexa is pointless without multiroom integration. There should be a note in the advertisement specifying that the integration is only partial. I will be returing mine.

It's unfortunate bose support on this forum is so lighlty attended and non-informative, i expected more...

/frank

whinySmurf
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Frank,

I'm glad to know that you're returning your system. I wish I could return mine. While I hope that the thought of people returning their products would spur Bose into making this issue a priority, that hope is waning. It's been many months, and pretty much nothing but 'well pass this along,' and more recently, 'we are working on it.' Too bad. The system actually sounds great, but this was a big point for me, and I stupidly decided to wait it out, hoping that Bose would do the right thing.

I can't imagine working as a Bose representative right now. I'd be so embarrassed. I don't know how I would go about saying the same meaningless nonsense, repeating what others have said, 'sorry, we'll talk to development about it.' hats off to you guys. I couldn't do it. Perhaps if I didn't actually care, maybe.
FrankKCgo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

it's really too bad, they are losing me as a customer for ever now... just unfortunate that others can't return what doesn't work for them. 

Samsung it is...

/frank