Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 cannot be added to "Everywhere" Alexa speaker group

I hate to mention this as an option.  Because really Bose should 100% fix this.  But to make up for the shortcomings for those of us that are now "stuck" you can use the Amazon Echo Input and disable the Alexa on the 700.  This will give you an actual Alexa rather than the half baked version in the 700.  Works with "Everything" groups as well but the mic input  is not as good as the 700.  Connects via Bluetooth or Aux input.    

Jared

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

thanks, i thouht of that as it's how Polk does theirs. Unfortuneatly you lose the multi speaker input pickups on the bose bar which works well.

/frank

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

To add my 2 cents to this thread, yes this is a major miss on the part of Bose here in 2019 where everything connects to everything....except a $700 "smart" sound bar apparently.  Saying it has "Alexa included" but then doesnt actually do the one Alexa thing everyone would use it for?  C'mon guys, you should've known better. 

However, I have an additional headache on top of everything already mentioned.  With the layout of my home, the living room and kitchen is one large space.  I have the sound bar under the TV in the living room, and I have an Echo in the kitchen (Echo was there first).  When multiple Echo devices are present nearby, they can tell which one is being spoken to based on which one is closest to the voice source.  Because I cannot link everything together properly in my Alexa app, I have the very annoying problem of when I am leaving the kitchen to go to the bedroom in the evening, and I tell kitchen Echo to "turn on the bedroom" (lamp) [even if I'm standing literally right next to her], kitchen Echo does as instructed.  However, the sound bar announces in her booming Bose enhanced room shaking voice from across the room that she "CANT FIND A DEVICE CALLED BEDROOM".  Obviously this is very annoying.  Unlike with other Echo devices, I cannot change the wake word from "Alexa" to "Echo" to skirt the issue.  And no, I don't want to go change the wake word on all my other Echo devices (several around the house) to "Echo".  I shouldn't have to tiptoe around this thing.  I could turn off the sound bar voice assistant all together, but that hardly seems like the "right" solution for my $700 sound bar.  Please please please, Bose, fix this properly.  This should have been obvious from the start. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

I have the exact same setup as you. It became obvious to me after a few hours with the Bose Alexa activated that I would have to mute the mic on the soundbar for that very reason. Untill they come up with some sort of set volume control in the Music App, the mic is useless. Alexa is just too loud coming through the soundbar, I use Alexa to mute/unmute my 700 and turn the volume up or down. That's about all it's good for at this point. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I need my everywhere group to work...if not it cheapens the system 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

@bose--its been 10 months since the first post on this thread, under 24 hours since I bought a 700+Bass Module, and I just wasted 2 hours trying to "fix" this issue only to find out its your fault. It's unacceptable this isn't addressed. "I'll pass it along to Dev as a request" is low-level contact center speak for "this will be sent to a laundry list of requests where it will likely just die." It's time to fess up to whether this is addressable and/or if it's a restriction imposed by Amazon vs. a shortcoming on Bose's part. The 700 is my 9th Bose product and I expect better than this. We're in the Tesla era--either fix it in 72 hours and push an update out or explain why you can't.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

It’s not an Amazon restriction because this feature is available on Sonos devices. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

I have been waiting too many months for this feature.

Bose: please try to fully support Alexa integration.

If I knew, I would have bought a Sonos soundbar.

Your advertisement on Bose 700 is (to be polite) measliding. You should write that you do *not* support alexa multiroom.

Shame on you.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Bose support on this topic convinced me: next time I will buy a Sonos soundbar.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

I agree. The complete lack of support for this feature, which was the primary reason I purchased my soundbar, the lack of transparency about not supporting it and the failure to adiquately address those of us who fell for the bait and switch is unacceptable. When will this be supported?