Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Bose Soundbar 700 connecting to home network using LAN cable

Hello,

I would like to ask you guys help. Is it possible to connect a Soundbar 700 to a home network (wifi router) using a LAN cable, instead of Wi-Fi. My Router is 30cm from Soundbar and I didn't see any reason why this device must using WiFi connection. 

Now Soundbar is connected with WiFi, because I can't found any tutorial, how to change the connection type.

Thank you very much for your answers!

JK

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 connecting to home network using LAN cable

Hey Dziastinas,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

You sure can connect to the Soundbar 700 using an ethernet connection.

You'll find this on the back of the soundbar next to the optical port. 

The soundbar should automatically detect that the ethernet is connected and disable the Wi-Fi. Is this not happening?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Hello,

No it‘s doesn‘t change. When I‘m going To Bose Music app - Settings - Technical info it shows that connection type is Wi-Fi. What should I do?

Highlighted

Thank you for the update!

That is strange! It should automatically switch when you connect the Ethernet cable to the soundbar.

It could be possible that the app is reporting the connection incorrectly as you originally had the soundbar connected with the Wi-Fi. Are you able to log in to your router settings? Most routers will have a list of connected devices and how they are connected. If it shows up on your router as connected with Ethernet rather than Wi-Fi, that would let you know how it is connecting to the internet.

If this list also shows Wi-Fi, then I would recommend rebooting the soundbar while the Ethernet cable is connected. Simply disconnect the soundbar from the power for 30 seconds, before plugging it back in and letting it boot back up. Once it has rebooted, double check the app and the router to see how it is connected.

Let me know what you find while doing this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.