Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bose Soundbar 700 doesn't automatically switch from music to TV or HDMI mode

The Soundbar 700 seems to always stay in it's last used mode instead of auto-switching to an active mode or signal. If I used music streaming during the day (i.e. Spotify) and then in the evening I'll fire up my TV or Xbox the Soundbar activates and continues to stream music. Not only is this annoying because of the sudden loudness, but also that I have to manually reach out for the Bose Universal remote in order to switch the input channel. Every other HDMI device (especially AVRs and Soundbars) automatically switch to an active input channel. Please change the Soundbar 700's firmware accordingly.

My setup:
Soundbar 700 (4.1.1)

Bass Module 700

Surround Speakers
Bose Music app (2.1.1)
Samsung Q9FN 65" (latest firmware 1.2.6.0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 doesn't automatically switch from music to TV or HDMI mode

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi SansaidoX, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I have marked your post as a feature request so that the relevant team can view this.

Thank you for your feedback! Have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 doesn't automatically switch from music to TV or HDMI mode

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi SansaidoX, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I have marked your post as a feature request so that the relevant team can view this.

Thank you for your feedback! Have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

BelgiumL
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

I have a similar issue, Is this Feature request already implemented in the latest version?

My issue is that this system is being used by my family and I need to keep it as simple as possible.

having to grab multiple remotes or going to apps is not an option for me.

When wanting to watch TV After listening to Spotify on my Soundbar 700 the TV screen keeps on switching to the logo from Bose. I need to goto the music app to put the soundbar into standby. before the I'm able to select a different HDMI channel.

my Apple TV is connected to my Sony TV and My soundbar 700 is connected with HDMI arc. in other cases the automatic switching and volume work great.

Masonwt
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

I’m having the same problem. In fact since purchasing this Bose equipment I’ve had nothing but problems. The soundbar (Bose 700) doesn’t switch between input sources automatically and the remote completely died a week after I got it. There are no solutions from Bose online and their service desk is close to useless. Really regretting the purchase. For premium audio the devices are full of software bugs.

markeboyle
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2020

This issue has not been addressed even after over a year. Have they given up on the soundbar in favor of a newer model? 

Sound is great but functionally it doesn't deliver a basic experience of what I thought a soundbar should do.

replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

aalan
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

I am also having problems with this issue. It is a major concern. Come on Bose, can you please address the problem and come up with a solution.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Jkaul
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

Yeah, same issue. I have the Bose remote tucked away to keep things simple for my family. But when I go from music to tv I’m the only one who can figure it out. 

it should definitely switch automatically. But at the very least I should be able to tell the built in google assistant to switch it. 

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Wine Goose
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

Still having the same problem almost 2 years after it was reported!!!

Flagging a Problem for fixing DOES NOT EQUAL Fixing the Problem.

loucimj
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2021

I'm also having this problem!!

If I knew before hand this kind of problems I should not have bought this Soundbar.

Even worst, two years later still having the same problem shows a lack of interest of updating your products and keeping your customers happy.

Last time I buy something from Bose.