Kyle Mckinney
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 factory reset

Hello. I cannot add the sour bar not is it showing up on Bose music, and the remote keeps flashing six buttons. I have attempted your solution with no resolution. Please help 

Tegan_M

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are unable to add your Soundbar 700 to the Bose Music App. We would love to get this resolved for you. 

• Is this your first time connecting your Soundbar to the Bose Music App?
  • Can you please inform us how you have your Soundbar 700 connected to your TV? 
  • Do you also have a bass module and surround speakers to be added to your setup?

Please let us know, we would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
bkc1980
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

How do I reset by soundbar 700 with the remote???? In my Bose app, it is not finding the soundbar or the remote....How can i reset the 700 to factory default....

Hector_B

Hi bkc1980, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! I am sorry to hear that you have ran into some app issues with the Soundbar and would love to assist further. 

I would recommend that before the factory reset you delete and reinstall the application to see if this resolves this for you. If it does not fix the issue you are having you can perform a factory reset via firstly removing the Soundbar from your Bose Music App by going to Account Settings > Manage Products > Edit > Select the Soundbar > Delete. Then you can factory reset the Soundbar by simultaneously press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons on the remote for five seconds. The soundbar reboots and, when complete, the light bar glows solid amber.

If you have any issues in performing this then please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bkc1980
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Hector,

I have already deleted the soundbar from the app. The remote is not paired in my app and i am able to add it again as it is not finding it.

bkc1980
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Could you please reply???? I am stuck with this $2000 product with no way of making it useful....need answers ASAP...

Hector_B

Hi bkc1980, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Please can you attempt to manually pair the remote to the Soundbar via: 

• Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Internet
  • On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times
  • On the soundbar, press and hold the Action button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed
    When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant
  • On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar
  • Plugin your router. It may take a couple of minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet

If you are unable to place the speaker into set-up mode after this then please connect to the Soundbar via an ethernet cable and attempt to set the speaker up this way. The Bose Community is a peer to peer support and if you wish to receive faster and live assistance then please reach out to our customer support team in your region via this link.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
kelli.m.triano@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

ale999
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Hi Bose Team,

i have the same identical issue.

I cannot pair anymore my remote and there is no way to reset the factory settings.

I'm stuck with it. Please help.

Thank you

Keith_L

Hi ale999,

I'm sorry to hear you are also unable to pair your remote.

Have you tried the manual pairing method that @Hector_B described above? If not I would definitely recommend you do so as this will allow you to re-pair the remote to your soundbar without using the Bose Music app.

Let me know how you get on.