ale999
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 factory reset

Hello Keith,

thank you so much for fast reply.

Yes i’ve tried but the ir does not communicate anymore in anyway.

i am so frustrated - the point is simple: if it does not pair i cannot reset soundbar and app to factory settings.

the pairing remote option on advanced settings of bose app does not work.

i am totally stuck 😞

Ale

ale999
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Please dont leave me alone, can't find a solution...

Thank you

Jeff_G

Hello ale999, 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with this. As mentioned in the post above by Hector, if the issue persists, please get in touch with local support via the link he provided. 

All the best,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ale999
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Ciao jeff,

the support doesn answer to my call - i will try again but this seems the issue

• On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar

i dont have any of the 6 icons blinking when i press the central button but only the 4 coloured dots blinking

Any suggestion?

best

Ale

Jay5517
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

I have tried all of these different ways to reset my $700 Bose sound bar, but none of it works. Well the price set up should be a lot simpler. 

garlavivekreddy
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

yes problem clear thank you so much

Vqq
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

Finally figured out the buttons combo on the remote so this might help others out, as googling for this yield some very frustrating instructions.

If you have the Bose Music App opened and trying to add the sound bar and it can’t find it, you have to put the bar in setup mode (solid amber color light).  To do this, hold the TV button (icon looks like a tv) AND also the “skip back” button (with the double arrows *<<* symbol, and NOT the actual Back, single <, or Exit button).  After about 5-10 seconds the bar should glow a solid orange and can be discovered in the music app.

Kennesty
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Thanks this article works for me

patrickdiddly
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM CANT PAIR REMOTE AND CANT FIND SOUNDBAR!! TRIED EVERYTHING.

THINK I WILL BE MOVING TO SONOS SOON. I CURRENTLY HAVE 3 X 500 SPEAKERS 1 X 700 SOUND BAR AND THE NEW SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS AND THE 700 SUB! DISAPOINTED IS AN UNDERSTATMENT!!!!

patrickdiddly
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

DID NOT WORK FOR ME.