JimmyDee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 not able to pair remote to soundbar

The firmare update definitely did not fix the issues... I'm still struggling to ge tmy remote to work properly.

Massively disappointing - when you drop a couple grand $ on a system, you kinda expect it to work.

ltmoss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Maybe Bose support can jump in here and let us know if another firmware or update is being developed that will address the remote issues and working with the Bose App.

Highlighted
Zandrew
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2018

I ended up returning the Bose 700 system and buying the Sonos Beam with subwoofer instead. The Sonos is a definitely not as loud as the Bose system, but the software aspects are simply light years ahead. The Sonos systems works the way you expect a high end system to work.... It just works. The October 4th update would have come a day after my 14 day return period at Best Buy expired.... I'm sure glad I didn't wait for the update but returned it.

Bose software support told me it was my TV manufacturer's fault that my HDMI Arc connection didn't work. With the Sonos, HDMI worked without me doing anything. Just works. Sonos app opens much quicker and does not randomly disconnect. Sonos does NOT have Bluetooth however, a deal breaker for some applications.

I really can't explain it, but I promise you everything software related will simply delight you (anyone reading this) while the Bose software will frustrate you until you go mad.
Bxofcpoison
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience and Sonos suggestion. Would you (or anyone else reading this thread happen to know if the sound bar 500 has these same issues with software, app and remote connectivity, and lack of consistent operation with HDMI ARC connection?

sk2026
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Just got the 700 yesterday and have spent an entire with two store visits trying to get it set up. So many problems. The app is useless. Likely return the system tomorrow.
Slingshot
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Thanks for your help Tony. I did the stepa below and it worked:) i was about to take down my tv off the wall and unplug the soundbar, but good thing i read this post and saved me from all that hassle. Thanks again

Hello Prem1068@yahoo.com,

We're glad to hear that it worked for you. Have a great day! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Aniljena
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2018

I had the same problem with my newly purchased soundbar 700. The solution worked. Thanks
Luca Tricarico
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2018

My Bose Soundbar 700 has been updating for a long time and I cant control the Soundbar and I cant stop the update I've tried unplugging it and I tried to do the one where you have to push the volume up to confirm is there any other ways to troubleshoot

Hello Luca Tricarico,

Thank you for posting.

If the before mentioned steps didn't resolve your issue, I would suggest contacting support via phone.

If you go here, select your region scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us,"  and a phone number with be displayed.

Regards,

Joel