Zandrew
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 not able to pair remote to soundbar

Same issue here. No matter what I try, I cannot get sound to go from TV to sound bar through HDMI Arc. Enabled Arc output on the TV, no dice. Also have the remote issue and also cannot get Alexa to play anything from Spotify even though Spotify is connected to both the Bose app and to my Alexa account.
Community Manager

Hi Zandrew

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

Regarding the remote issue, were you able to get the system setup through the Bose Music app and complete the update for the system?  Also, did you try the troubleshooting steps from the earlier posts?

Until the remote is setup, you won't be able to switch the source of the soundbar to TV to get audio from your other devices.

We are currently working on getting Alexa to pull from Spotify's services and should be available in the near future.  We will definitely update the Community once we hear anything.

Warm Regards

Tony A

endicott.dave@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Absolutely crushed it with this solution, thanks a ton Tony. 🙂 

gale_chas
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2018

Same problem. But I still used to be able to control the Soundbar with the app. Last night - while searching whether I had missed something - I tried playing a Tunein station with the app, but now all the app will play is that Tunein station: I can't get it to switch back to the TV sound anymore. I'll rry the solution described here tonight. . .

gale_chas
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2018

OK, I tried the pairing procedure (left arrow, -volume). I had to repeat a few times, but the remote finally did pair. Things seem to work now. Phew and thanks!

Taz8020
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Ok had the same problem, and using the left arrow and volume down worked. But there is a bug because if you click pair remote it unpairs it again and you have to do the above.
Bxofcpoison
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Yes!!! I had the same issue. Poor app design. It shouldn’t erase your current and only already paired app. What happens if I purchase a second remote? I’m afraid it won’t pair properly due to this issue. Kind of disappointed in Bose for these QC issues. Should have been right the first time for the money we paid, IMHO. 

ltmoss
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Still having pairing issues with the latest Bose app update 10/4/18. Was it supposed to solve the pairing problems with the 700 Soundbar? If you try to pair inside the app it erases your pair so you have to go back to Tony's manual pair fix. Can anyone confirm the lateat Bose app works or not?

Bxofcpoison
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

My experience is that it works intermittently. 

Taz8020
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Ok downloaded new iPhone app and much better can now pair other devices. although remote not working with tv and when paired with sky uk it moves 2 channels instead of 1 which is very irritating.