gale_chas
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 not able to pair remote to soundbar

Arrggh it seems the remote simply unpaired itsef from the Soundbar (after a few weeks!). I can't get it to connect. This is ridiculous.

1400reeds
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 6, 2018

After following the above instructions,, the remote will still not connect to the Soundbar.  It was able to connect when first purchased a month ago.  Somehow the connection was lost again and we are having no success in reconnecting it.  HELP

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello 1400reeds,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

If the steps in this thread are unable to solve your issue, please contact technical support via phone.

If you go HERE, select your regions, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be listed.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Adolph7
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

I am having trouble connecting my cable box to my Bose sound bar 700 universal remote. The box is a Technicolor, 4742HDC2
Community Manager

Hi Adolph7

Thanks for posting in the Community!

When in the programming portion of the app, did you see an advanced setup option?  This would allow you to search based on the make and model of the device.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

rajdeep192000
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I am having the same issue... When I call Bose the technician couldnt resolve my issue, instead he said he will send a new remote I should try with that.... Now I am waiting 😞

@Taz8020 wrote:
Ok downloaded new iPhone app and much better can now pair other devices. although remote not working with tv and when paired with sky uk it moves 2 channels instead of 1 which is very irritating.

Community Manager

Hi rajdeep192000,

Thanks for the update.  Please let us know if a replacement remote does indeed resolve the issue.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

seckern
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

I have been having trouble getting my remote to operate the soundbar and all the other connected electronics - TV, Apple TV, DVD player - I followed all of the reset steps and the app is paired with the remote and the other items and the LED light is lit after going through the steps - but I still cannot get the universal remote to operate anything - how do I program it - what am I missing?

Community Manager

Hi seckern

Thanks for writing in! 

At this point, does the remote control the soundbar at all?  If it doesn't let's see if we can try clearing the memory in the remote and try pairing the remote with the system in the app again.  Here are the steps;

• On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  • In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner. If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon  in the upper-left corner, select the soundbar, then tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner.
  • Select Settings.
  • Under the Universal Remote heading, select Advanced then select Pair New Remote. The soundbar will begin searching for the remote.
  • A battery will need to be removed and reinserted into the remote.
  • Once the remote is found, tap the Continue to complete the pairing process

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

seckern
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Just to be clear - the remote in the app is paired - so in order to follow your instructions do I remove the remote from the app and start all over again?  Also to clear the memory do I just hold those buttons for five seconds?  do I watch for something to happen?  do I push any other buttons to clear the memory?