tashrocca
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 sound cutting out

It is sad that modern and very useful features like arc and cec won’t work with this system. You would have to avoid HDMI all together. The only solution I’ve found to have the complete system working properly is to use and optical cable from the tv to the soundbar and a 3.5mm audio cable from the sound bar to the sub. These two technologies may be extremely old and not as convenient as HDMI arc and cec and the wireless sub but they work perfect.
So I like many others on here have spent over $1500 on a modern system with awesome advertised features but have had to make a couple of sacrifices just to make it work.   One is I had to relocate the sub so that it’s closer to the soundbar  and run a visible wire to it. And 2 I had to give up on wanting the conveniences of HDMI related technologies. Good job Bose! I’m certain that these are software problem so I would hope that eventually they will send out and update fixing these things. If it’s a hardware issue they should really look into a solution for that. 

ViennaSausages
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

I'm on another thread but this is the exact same issue I'm having. Were you able to resolve this?

ArifPrime
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Hmm for now, I could only suggest to relocate your surround speakers as about less than 6m away from your soundbar. This prevents the annoying cutting sound.

Netflix, amazon prime have this issue almost every 1-2minutes.

Appletv and bose music however supports much better, almost 0 to very little cuts. 

All in all you can try playing around with various streaming platforms and relocating your surround closer to your soundbar and see if it helps. 

ViennaSausages
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

I don't have surround speakers, just the soundbar.

SandwichEconomist
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hey, did you ever get this sorted out? I’m having the same issue.

ViennaSausages
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Not really. Would you mind sharing info about your setup? It sucks that moderators are no longer surveying this thread, but maybe it could give some clarity to us users?

I have a TCL TV. When I plug the soundbar via optical cable to a gaming console I don't experience drops, but otherwise it's drop city independently of what type of cable I'm using.

SandwichEconomist
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Ah, sorry, I hit "reply" on @EricY 's last message and I assumed conversations were threaded. I'm having the issue where audio fades in after a few seconds of silence, which ruins pretty much everything other than music playback. I've tried connecting with both an optical cable and HDMI, and I've also tried running straight from my PS4 to the soundbar. Same issue every time. It doesn't happen when my PS4 is set to play through my TV's speakers, so it has to be the soundbar.

I have a Sony X900E, a Bose Soundbar 700, and a PS4 Pro.

JWaters
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

Hi, I’m not sure what’s happened but it’s been fixed. Ever since I changed my internet channel to number 6. It looks to have corrected this issue. Not sure if there was an update in between but the problem no long exists. I know that some software is not compatible to channel 13 and at the time I experienced the issues were on channel 13. Not sure if this was the problem or not but the issue is now gone. My setup is using HDMI. 

SandwichEconomist
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hmm, I don’t think that’s it @JWaters . I’ve totally turned off my WiFi and same result. Anything else you can think of?

Sajin
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2020

Was having this same issue, but with only the bose soundbar 700 only, and was able to resolve the problem by setting av sync adjustment on my lg c9 oled to 1.