MeDindo
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth cutting in and out.

Good morning! 

About one week ago I purchased the Bose soundbar 700 with the sub. It is hooked up to my Samsung tv via the hdmi port. While watching tv shows and movies I do not seem to have an issue however when listening to music via Bluetooth connection I am having issues such as the music will cut in and out/skip (almost like a scratched record). I have tried to factory reset the soundbar multiple times. I have also tried connecting the sub via aux vs doing it wirelessly to see if that would help but it didn’t. One thing I have noticed is the music really cuts in and out while I’m actively using my phone. If I’m not using my phone it will work fine for the most part. I have a newer phone (iPhone XS max) so I do not think that my phone is the issue. I’m led to believe the issue lies somewhere within the Bluetooth connection. 

if anyone has any ideas how to fix this issue or any tips to try I would be glad to try them out cause this is very frustrating! 

thank you! 

Jrui
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Bluetooth cutting in and out.

Purchased the Bose 700 soundbar and module April 2019 and still having drops often.  Pretty much the routine is to unplug the soundbar a few minutes and it'll work again. For such an expensive item, it's ridiculous Bose Team hasn't resolved the issue. 

Annoyed Soundbar700 User
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2020

Bose Soundbar 700 Sound Skips Every Few Seconds Sound Cuts Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip-zU5BDh2M

The above video shows my issue with my Bose Soundbar 700 speakers connected to my Alienware R11 PC. The speakers were working fine with my PC for the first week (besides the fact that I need to search Devices in the search bar and reconnect the speakers every single time I log in to my PC manually). Now, every few seconds my sounds skips for Youtube videos or anything like Steam games. The sound skips and cuts out for a second every second. How can I fix this annoying issue in addition to the connection issue?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Sound Skips Every Few Seconds Sound Cuts Out

Hello!

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

So I can provide you with the most accurate information for this can you please let me know how you have your soundbar connected to the computer? From the video I'm unable to see whether you are using a cabled connection (HDMI-ARC or optical) or a Bluetooth connection.

If you were to connect another device to your soundbar would the sound also skip with that device playing?

With the sound skips you are experieincing, is this happening on any source of audio you play on the computer, or does it just happen on certain sources?

One thing that would be worth trying to start with is a power cycle of the soundbar. To do this, disconnnect the soundbar from power for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and allow it to reboot. You'll see a blinking white light while it turns back on, wait for this to stop, then test the soundbar.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Tmowrer1
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Sound Skips Every Few Seconds Sound Cuts Out

@bose I recently got a Bose 700 with the sub and have been having this same issue with the Bluetooth skipping. 
when playing a song the music will skip or stop then all of a sudden accelerate the song until it catches back up to where it first skipped at. It happens regularly every few seconds. 
I have tried 3 different iPhones. An 11, 11 pro, and the new 12 pro. It does it no matter how close the phone is to the speaker. I have left the phone connected within inches of the sound bar and the issue still continues.

I have also tried hard resetting the system as well.

When I disconnect the phones from the Bluetooth the songs play fine with no issues. 

What else should I try?

Elvis 1935
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 sound cutting out

My soundbar 700 now cutting out halfway through watching a programme,makes a popping sound then sound cuts off,any advice thank you,

Elvis 1935
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Soundbar700

My soundbar 700 is cutting off few times a day.making a cracking noise then sound goes off,been trying to contact Bose for couple of months without any reply

Vicky_W

Re: Soundbar700

Hello Elvis 1935, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry you are having issues with your soundbar cutting out. Can I please ask if this is with all audio sources or just a specific one? Also, have you tried any of the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread at all?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Elvis 1935
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

I’m using optical cable makes cracking noise then cuts off,tried hdmi cable does the same,the noise is loud for couple seconds,then soundbar cuts out.

Elvis 1935
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Everything still the same you watch a film halfway through the sound cuts out makes a cracking noise before it cuts out,I use HDMI arc then I tried optical cable still the same,only tv and soundbar connected to television.i miss some of the film I’m watching when it cuts out.