tashrocca
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 sound cutting out

I feel your pain $1500 (soundbar bass module) for a system to only deal with headaches. Meanwhile my $300 Sony soundbar with wireless bass module worked perfectly just didn’t sound as great as a bose so needed replacing.
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello tashrocca,

Thanks for the testing you've been able to try.  Can we see if a factory default helps with both the bass module and sound drop out problem?  The steps can be found HERE.  

Also for other users that are experiencing similar issues, have you been able to test out an optical cord?  This would help us determine if this is a CEC issue or a problem with the soundbar.  

We can try this particular sequence to see if it helps with the ARC connection:

• First let's try a new high speed HDMI cable or the Bose HDMI cable if that's not the current cable.  
  • If that doesn't work, disable CEC on the soundbar by turning it off in the Bose Music app
  • Now, power down the TV and soundbar and then disconnect the power cord on both devices
  • Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and wait 1 minute
  • After 1 minute, reconnect power to the TV and the soundbar
  • After powering up the devices, re-enable CEC on the soundbar by navigating back to the Bose Music app
  • After turning CEC back on, reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV and select the TV source on the Bose remote
  • At this point you should have audio from the TV.
  • If you're still not receiving any audio to the soundbar, turn off the TV with the TV remote and wait 30 seconds. 
  • After 30 seconds, try powering the TV back on with the TV remote.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

BluesguyAZ
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

I had this issue with only my DVD. Movies cut out constantly. The final fix was I had to connect the DVD directly to another HDMI port on my tv. The tv by the way was feeding the sound bar with digital sound (optical).. I had to bypass my amp entirely. Don’t need it with the sound bar anyway. All the streaming worked fine on my DVD but playing DVDs was erratic at best. Hope this helps.

RuneX21
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Ive been having a similar issue which started abut 2 months after purchase. The sound will crackle and cut out on the soundbar. A reset seems to fix it each time, but its now occuring about once a day.

When its working I love the setup, but daily errors is becoming a hassle. Seems like a software issue, so hoping they can fix it fast.
Patrick_A
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi RuneX21,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this issue daily. I'd like to know a little more about your setup to see if we can resolve it for you.

• Does this occur on all sources? (TV, Music, Bluetooth)
  • If it only happens when using the TV source, what is your TV's model number and how is it connected to the Soundbar?
  • Does the issue occur when using another power outlet?

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Patrick - Community Support

RuneX21
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Hi Patrick,

To answer your questions.

1. I only really use it for tv outputs.(ie amazon firecube, game consoles, cable). For these its consistent.

2. I have an lg b7a 65” connected via the arc port using the provided hdmi cable.

3. Ive never tried a different outlet. As mentioned though, it was working perfectly for a few months.
Patrick_A
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi again RuneX21,

Thank you for such a quick reply. Next time this happens, instead of resetting the soundbar, try playing a TuneIn station from within the Bose Music app. If this doesn't work without a reset, it rules out ARC communication issues.

It does seem unlikely that the socket is the cause of the issue, but I would give it a try just to eliminate it as a possibility. 

Best regards,

Patrick

RuneX21
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Hey,

I was finalky able to test it today during a crash and yes, the music works. Im guessing that means its likely related to the arc port, cable, or hdmi port(ie. Tv, though ive no issues with any other device connected)
Patrick_A
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi RuneX21,

Great! Nicely done. As silly as it sounds, have you tried unplugging the TV and leaving it without power for a minute or two? That's always worth a shot with ARC related issues.

Sometimes it's worth unplugging everything: the soundbar, the TV and the HDMI cable from both ends, leaving them for a minute or two, then reinserting them all. This re-initiates the 'handshake' between the two devices, which can often correct issues like this.

Please let me know how you get on,

Patrick - Community Support

atuneman
Collaborator
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Any verdict from those who posted this issue over 6 months ago regarding momentary drops in sound, less than a second, but happening about 20 times per hour?