sbrown356@cox.net
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 sound cutting out

Same problem here... worked ok for 2 weeks... base was subpar at best ... This is a very disapointing system that i would compair to an anchor at this point-- and i already tosed the boxes - this is not the bose experance i have had in the past years -  D-

I disconected it and threw it in the garage in discust -

SB

sbrown356@cox.net
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Same problem here... worked OK for 2 weeks... base was subset at best ... This is a very disappointing system that i would compare it to an anchor at this point-- and i already tossed the boxes - this is not the Bose

@tashrocca wrote:
Hi,
I’ve been using my Bose Soundbar 700 with my Samsung led tv since the soundbar was released and sound quality is great but I have had nothing but issues with this soundbar and bass module.
My most recent problem just started happening today with nothing changing in my set up or system.
The sound drops from time to time sometimes it drops for a second or less sometimes it drops for a couple of seconds.
Does anyone else have this issue of so any possible solutions?
My other annoying problem is crackling/interference noise coming from my bass module when the bass kicks in. I have another post out on this issue with no solution yet.
Another issue is that the tv randomly turns off from time to time this issue didn’t occur before the sound bar and if I disconnect the soundbar the problem doesn’t occur neither so it’s certaintly an issue the soundbar is causing.

Any help and tips will be greatly appreciated, thanx.

experience i have had in the past years -  D-

I disconnected it and threw it in the garage in discuss -

SB

Vicky_W

Hello SB, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you appear to be having this issue, and I would love to help. Can I please ask that you answer the questions in the first post (detailed below for convenience) and then I can look to help you?

• At this point have you tried rebooting the system and TV by removing power for 30 seconds?
  • How far is the bass module away from the soundbar?
  • Are there any wireless devices like a router in between the soundbar and bass module?
  • Are you using the supplied Bose HDMI cable or a new high-speed one?
  • Have you tried an optical cable for testing?

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MadMiki
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Hi,

I have de same problem too. The sound is cutting for less than a second every 30 minutes or so...

For a 1500$ device (Base 500 and Soundbar 700), I would like a better experience then this.

Is there a KB for this ? For what I see in this forum, it is a known issue...

Nebtreblig
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Any news on a fix!!!!!! This is still happening. Can we please get an update. $1800 for a broken 5.1 surround system that has had continuous issues. Any updates Please!!!!!!!!

Nebtreblig
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

If there isn't a fix how do I go about returning this item. I am past my thirty days to return at Best Buy. What do I do? This item is a lemon. Nothing but problems from the moment I set it up. From the crackling right rear surround to now constant audio dropouts. I have tried resetting my tv and the soundbar 700. Following the steps from other forum posts. Nothing is working. I do not want to deal with this anymore. $1800 for a broken 5.1 surround system.

Dfgcomp@shaw.ca
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Am having the same problem !!!

I have tried everything. Even with 2 tv's. (both LG oled) new HDMI cables etc...

If I rest all my equipment sometimes it does work for a while. But the problem always comes back.

Arc port optical both doing it. Worse with arc port. Also getting sync problems with video and audio. Setting delay in app only makes it worse.

Every time this happens am I supposed to go through this bose reset procedure for one of the most expensive sounbars around?

Hey want to watch tv? Hold on while I unplug everything for a minute and restart in a certain way so it will actual work!

There is obviously an issue with so many having this problem. 

Bretto88
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

I am also starting to have this issue. I am running optical as I was told this would be best. Seems like Bose need to sort something out. 

Might need to to take this up a bit further if Bose are not willing to help the issue 

Vicky_W

Hello Bretto88, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Soundbar 700 and I would love to assist you. 

Could you please be a little more specific in what the issues are that you are having as there have been numerous issues raised on this thread and a more specific response will allow me to assist you better? 

Can I also please ask that you answer the questions in the first post (detailed below for convenience) and then I can look to help you?

• At this point have you tried rebooting the system and TV by removing power for 30 seconds?
  • How far is the bass module away from the soundbar?
  • Are there any wireless devices like a router in between the soundbar and bass module?
  • Have you tried using HDMI and if so do you get the same issue? 
  • Do you have any Wifi connected products near the Bass Module that could be causing interference?
  • Have you noticed any patterns in when you experience issues?
  • Do you have any clips of this issue happening?

I very much look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ThierryB
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

To get this issue fixed, if you have this problem please make sure you do the following:

1. Get the logs of your soundbar after the sound dropout happens through your webrowser with the following URL : http://192.168.0.100/logread (assuming 192.168.0.100 is the IP address of your soundbar - The IP address of the soundbar is visible in the Bose Application - Technial details)
  2. Contact your local Bose customer support by email
  3. Report the issue with associated logs (logread.dat file you got in step 1) in attachement and request a case number and escalation to the DEV team.

Only posting in this forum will not change anything. This issue needs to be escalated to the DEV team by as many people as possible. You will not get a resolution on this forum...