Highlighted
ashokm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 10, 2019

Bose Surround speakers 700 setup Ceiling mount Power re

I have purchased a Soundbar 700 and surround speakers 700. I wanted to ceiling mount surround speakers with a pre-wiring that was done earlier. When I got the surround speakers, I realized that they needed a power source, not the amp connection. The pre-wiring that I had only work with an amp. I don't have a power port in my attic. 

What are the power requirements for surround 700 speakers, 110 V?

Can I make the speakers work in my case? What would be my options? 

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose Surround speakers 700 setup Ceiling mount Power re

Hi ashokm,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help you with these questions.

The first thing I would like to clarify is, the connection the speakers have to the power goes through their wireless receivers. This is the connection that allows the speakers to connect wirelessly to the soundbar it is not just for powering the speakers.

The way they are supposed to be connected is: Speaker > Receiver > Power. Then the receiver connects wirelessly to the soundbar and the soundbar handles all the processing for the surround system. They are designed to allow for a surround sound setup without the need for any external amps or receivers.

With this in mind, you may possibly be able to get the speakers working when connected directly to the amp as the amp could provide the necessary power. However, as they are not designed to be used this way I would not personally recommend doing so.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions I would be happy to answer those for you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose Surround speakers 700 setup Ceiling mount Power re

If I read that right, you're not actually using the amp in this situation, just want to know how to power them or use your existing cables.  There is a way to do it using your existing wiring. 

That is to have the wireless receivers where your amp would have been.  So they are still wireless to the soundbar, just over a shorter wireless distance, with a longer speaker wire (your existing ones).  Most likely you can add a multi point power socket there, so power shouldn't be an issue.  The only thing is you would need to splice your exiting cables with the Bose cables (any electrician should be able to do that) so they can plug into the wireless receiver.