Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Bose Universal Remote

Situation:

I have nvidia shield connected to bose soundbar 500 via bluetooth

Problem:

I can configure nvidia shield on remote  as source. But if I switch to it soundbar switches source to tv and I lose sound. If I switch to bluetooth, I don't have enough controls to use nvidia shield

Any workaround ? 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose Universal Remote

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Sabaton,

What you are describing here is how the universal remote is intended to work, there isn't any way to get full control of the Shield with the Bluetooth source selected. The reason for this is all the devices the remote can be programmed to control are audio-video sources, when using the soundbar with a video source, we'd always recommend having it connected via a cable for the best audio quality and audio-visual experience.

Is there a reason you have been connecting your Shield to the soundbar via Bluetooth, rather than using the audio connection through the TV? As a Bluetooth connection is only capable of sending a 2.1 channel audio signal, rather than the full 5.1 surround signal you can get with the optical or HDMI-ARC connection you will get better audio quality with the optical or HDMI-ARC connection with the shield.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Universal Remote

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Sabaton,

What you are describing here is how the universal remote is intended to work, there isn't any way to get full control of the Shield with the Bluetooth source selected. The reason for this is all the devices the remote can be programmed to control are audio-video sources, when using the soundbar with a video source, we'd always recommend having it connected via a cable for the best audio quality and audio-visual experience.

Is there a reason you have been connecting your Shield to the soundbar via Bluetooth, rather than using the audio connection through the TV? As a Bluetooth connection is only capable of sending a 2.1 channel audio signal, rather than the full 5.1 surround signal you can get with the optical or HDMI-ARC connection you will get better audio quality with the optical or HDMI-ARC connection with the shield.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post