Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmlabernia
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Bose app not showing Bass 500 module, unable to connect with SoundBAR 300

Hi, I am not able to connect my soundbar 300 with a bass 500 module, as it does not show in the app and the soundbar 300 remote controller does not have the pairing buttons shown in the installer guide. Also the bass 500 module is not included in the available products in the Bose app !? Very bad experience honestly..... one hour trying and still not connected 

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Re: Bose app not showing Bass 500 module, unable to connect with SoundBAR 300

Hey jmlabernia,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you have some issues connecting your Bass Module 500, but I'd be happy to assist.

If you have the Smart Soundbar 300, there will be guided within the Bose Music app under settings for connecting 'Accessory Speakers' - have you followed this?

If you have the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, you can connect the Bass Module by following the steps HERE

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Pnk
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2021

facing the exact same problem. Soundbar 300 does not connect with bass module 500. Remote control shown in help guide is different from the one provided. Bose app is not able to pair the two. Bose should recall this product. It’s piece of trash.

Tegan_M

Hi Pnk,

We are sorry that you're having issues with setting up your Bass Module, we would love to help.

The guide provided by Sam above is for the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, if you have the Smart Soundbar 300 the instructions will differ.

If you have the Smart Soundbar 300, you will need to use the instructions provided HERE.

Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!