Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Bose bass module 700 led

My bass module 700 led is blinking orange, white and then red. I can’t solve the problem. I have just try to turn it off and disconnect from the soundbar bu nothing happen. What can i do? 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose bass module 700 led

Hello Eliox2772,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty with your Bass Module 700, I would be more than happy to help out with this today. It's very strange that you are getting all the LED indicators cycling through, the fact that it ends on a red LED indicates that there could be a firmware issue. It sounds like you have already tried some really great troubleshooting, can I just confirm that you have unplugged both the Soundbar and Bass Module for 60 seconds?

If have done this and are still experiencing issues then I would recommend manually updating the system. To update system software using a computer and a USB cable, follow these steps:

1. On a computer, open an internet browser and go to worldwide.bose.com/support/SB700FW 
  2. When prompted, save the product_update.zip file. (Tip: If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Look for file in a browser notification or in the Downloads folder)
  3. Connect a USB A-to-Micro USB cable from a computer to the SERVICE jack on the back of your product
  4. Reboot your product by disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds:
    • While rebooting, the light bar on the front of the product pulses white
    • Once rebooted, the light bar turns off
  5. On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Skip Back buttons for 5 seconds: The light bar on the soundbar glows white, then turns off when you release the buttons
  6. In a web browser, go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
  7. Select Choose File, and select the update file downloaded earlier
  8. Click UPLOAD, then wait while the update is installed

If you are still experiencing issues then I would recommend that you call the customer care team as the system might need servicing and there is no further troubleshooting that can be done.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe  C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

I follow your indication but the problem remained. Led still blink orange, white and then red and the bass module doesn't work. Thank you for the attention.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Eliox2772,

Thanks for getting back in touch, can you confirm that it is the Soundbar that is showing a red LED staus not the Bass Module? If so I do apologize as thought that you were talking about the Bass Module LED, if it is the case that the Soundbar is showing a red solid LED then you will need to call the customer care team as there appears to be an error with soundbar. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Hello, 

the led is of the bass module that is still blinking orange, white and then red. The soundbar work perfectly. I will send the bass module to bose assistance and try to solve the problem. 

Thanks for your attention. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Dear all

I am facing exactly the same problem with my base module 700. What can I do? Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Frederic lopes,

If you are having the same issue and the LED is going from orange to white to red, we can try power cycling the speaker. We just need to disconnect the speaker form the power for 30 seconds, then reconnect and test again.

If that does not work, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Dear Keith

I hope you are fine and safe. 

Sorry to ask this through America but my bass module 700 was a first time repaired last December, I had the same problems one week after and it is not working since then. Bose repaired it again mid-April and today I still have the same problem. Your collegues in France told me to wait some days / weeks / or months to let them find a solution (link to their answer in the French forum) and their answer is really not acceptable. Why my bass module cannot just be replaced? It's dead since December and nobody is helping me to find a solution. I asked Bose to call me back but they say they are not allowed to do so. 4 other people joined my post in the French forum because they are experiencing the same problems. Each time UPS comes, Bose says it's repaired, and when the bass module is back from repair it's a nightmare. 

I am using the bass module 700, the surround speakers, the 700 soundbar and I also bought the noise reduction headsets, I am a good customer but bose customer service do not care about the fact that nobody is providing to me a solution.

Please can I request your help?

Thanks

Keep safe

Please I am begging to have a product I can use, I paid for it but it does not work. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Dear all, 

Can I please request an answer to my mast week question? 

Thanks

Highlighted

Hello Frederic lopes, 

The forums are for peer to peer support. We are unable to assist with customer service issues. In this instance, you will need to speak with your local support team. 

We are unable to assist in this matter any further. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!