Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

Bose home 300 and Portable sometimes fail

My bose home 300 and Portable sometimes fail. I can not connect to a music service. I have to "reset" the devices by pressing play / pause for 10 seconds. The Portable is a new device the previous one went out every 5 hours? I don't use airplay or bluetooth but only the app. What is wrong with Bose products lately? I have a TP-Link mesh network set at 2.4Ghz.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose home 300 and Portable sometimes fail

Hello, 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your music services. 

What services in the Bose Music app are you experiencing issues with? 

Can you confirm any error codes/messages?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

@Tegan That's usually when playing spotify. It's a different problem than the one I had before.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

Until now I have had no problems today. I have changed the following Primary DNS 8.8.8.8 Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4 Maybe it is a coincidence?

Highlighted

HI Jeuvie,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you have this working at the moment!

It is possible that changing the DNS on your network could be helping here, so thank you for sharing that as if it is I'm sure other users will find this helpful.

Please do keep us updated on how you are getting on going forward, again knowing whether this seems to have fixed it will be really helpful to know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

We are now a week later and I have had no more problems. But what has the solution been? Has Bose changed anything, or Spotify or is it my DNS settings? Who can tell, I'm happy.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

New app and my problems are back...