Rick H.
Participant
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Bose home 500 wont play Deezer or Sirius through google command

When I ask Google to play music from Deezer or SiriusXM on my Bose Home 500, it responds with “Sorry, it looks like Deezer/SiriusXM isn’t currently supported on this device”. It works perfectly fine on my google home mini. Is this a Bose issue? I have a paid subscription to both and they are both linked to my Bose home and my google account. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: Bose home 500 wont play Deezer or Sirius through google command

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Rick H,

Welcome to the community.

You definitely aren't doing anything wrong with your speakers. At this time Google Assistant control of Deezer and SiriusXM is not possible with the Bose smart speakers. 

While we are actively working to enable more features with the Google Assistant integration, control of these services is not yet possible through the Bose smart speakers. I will happily pass along that this is a feature you would be particularly interested in seeing added, so our development team has a good idea of what feature you are most interested in.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions or questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Rick H,

Welcome to the community.

You definitely aren't doing anything wrong with your speakers. At this time Google Assistant control of Deezer and SiriusXM is not possible with the Bose smart speakers. 

While we are actively working to enable more features with the Google Assistant integration, control of these services is not yet possible through the Bose smart speakers. I will happily pass along that this is a feature you would be particularly interested in seeing added, so our development team has a good idea of what feature you are most interested in.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions or questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

spanky91153
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

I am also dealing with this situation, along with many others.  This should not advertised as compatible with voice assisted google home.  It is only partially compatible with voice assisted google home.  I specifically bought it for use with music stations like SIrius/XM.  Yes, I can get it with the BOSE app and presets, but it's not voice assisted as I was lead to believe.  Great sound, but disappointed!