Highlighted
mandeepsingh57
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Bose home speaker 300 buffering issue with tune in radio

Hi! I love my Bose home speaker 300. However, while playing from preset tune in a radio station, it continuously buffers.  When playing via Bluetooth, there is no issue. My internet speed is the best that I can get in Australia (100 MBPS). In the tune in radio app, there is an option of auto buffer (10-second advance or more/less). However, couldn't find that option in the bose app. Please help me fix it.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Bose home speaker 300 buffering issue with tune in radio

Hello mandeepsingh57, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forms. 

Let's work together and see what we can do to resolve this issue. Before going deep into troubleshooting, there are a few basic steps we can try to ensure that the speaker is running at optimum performance. They are:

• Reset the speaker. To reset your product, turn off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds.
  • Manually check for a firmware update. To do this, on the top of your product, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds. If an update is available, a white light scrolls across the light bar on the front of your product while it is updating. Once complete, your product reboots. If no update is available, your product reboots.
  • Reset your router. To do this unplug your router for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. 

Should the issue still persist after this, please let me know? We can then look to alternative steps to try. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support

mandeepsingh57
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Hi!

I have done the required. However, the issue is still present. Please let me know what else can I do.

Hi Mandeepsingh57, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting ha not resolved your issue. 

Can you tell me if you experience this issue on a particular radio station, or is it all the stations? 

Do you have a good WiFi reception where the speaker is located? 

Do you experience these issues with other sources connected via WiFi? Such as Spotify, Pandora, etc? 

Have you always experienced this issue?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

mandeepsingh57
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply.

Since last time I have tested it in all possible ways. My conclusions are-

1) As far as I could go the issue is only on 1 specific channel, played diferectly via Bose music app. If I play the same channel via Bluetooth there is no issue at all.

2) No issue in wifi speed, as I have the best speed available to household in Australia. Having said apart from the specific radio station on tune in radio, other that I tested worked fine.

Radio station that is having issue is Sikhnet Radio - Harimandir Sahib with @TuneIn. #NowPlaying http://tun.in/seLLW

I further bought Bose portable home speaker. All the things said above hold true to the new speaker as well.

Please help me resolve the issue.

Regards,

Mandeep Singh 

Hello Mandeep, 

Thanks for updating us on the situation at hand. 

I am sorry to hear that the issue persists, and would love to explore this further. 

As this is only with one station, can you please try downloading the TuneIn app separately from the app store and trying the station via this method. 

At this time there would not be anything we can do in terms of troubleshooting for one specific radio station. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on with trying the app. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

mandeepsingh57
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Hi! 

You refered to as via this method. Which method it is?

If its bluetooth then, how do I group multiple speakers?

Regards,

MS

Hey Mandeep, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

You are unable to group multiple speakers via Bluetooth. 

I am interested to see if this issue is with the Bose Music app or TuneIn. What I meant by this method is please use the TuneIn app to listen to your radio station and see if the issue is the same. 

I look forward to hearing your findings. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

mandeepsingh57
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I already have done this. Once I use the tune in app and play via Bluetooth there is no issue.

However, I cant club speakers.

Regards,

MS

Hello mandeepsingh57, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Have you checked the RSSI level of the speaker? I understand you have a fast internet speed, but this is diminished if the speaker has a poor RSSI level.

You can check RSSI by going into the Bose Music App > Tap the speaker in the bottom right corner of the screen > Settings >Technical Info. The RSSI will show under "WI-FI STRENGTH" and will be represented by a visual descriptor e.g GREAT and a -XXdBm value. 

Further to this, I would recommend checking to ensure you have any QoS settings adjusted on your internet router to ensure other devices on your network are not taking priority. I would also check to ensure WMM is enabled on the router as this will help with audio streaming. 

Be sure to let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G