Highlighted
courtney6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Bose home speaker 300

I just bought my new bose home speaker 300 a couple weeks ago. It sounds great. My only issue is that it will randomly stop playing after an hour of me playing music (usually Spotify but sometimes pandora). I will go to my phone and reconnect it and it starts right back up again. I’ve checked my WiFi and Bluetooth and they always seem to be fine. Why does it continue to do this and is there a way to fix it? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose home speaker 300

Hello courtney6,

Thanks for posting!

I'm super glad to hear that you are enjoying the sound of your Home Speaker 300.

Regarding the playback of Spotify and Pandora suddenly stopping, I do not believe that this should be happening and I am sorry that you are experiencing this.

I'd love to gather some further information to see why this is happening. When you are using Spotify, how do you initiate the playback? Was this through Spotify Connect, through the Bose Music app, through Bluetooth, through a voice assistant?

What is the firmware version of your system? You can check this in the Bose Music app!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

courtney6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Originally I was using the Bose music app to control the music but once it started randomly stopping I switched to just using the Spotify app. I have Spotify premium also. I use the speaker through Bluetooth only. It normally only does it once the music has been playing on the speaker for close to an hour. I just got the speaker 2 weeks ago so I’m pretty sure it is the updated software but I’m unsure how to check that on the app.

Hi courtney6,

Thanks for getting back to me with this information! 

Ok, so I just want to clarify, this is happening regardless of how you are connected (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi)?

You can check the firmware version by clicking the image of your speaker in the bottom right > Settings > Technical Info > Firmware Version.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

courtney6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Charlotte,

Yes it is always connected by both Bluetooth and WiFi and it still happens. The firmware version is 3.0.9-1307+e36810e.

Hello Courtney6, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this. This is the latest firmware version! 

Can you please attempt to use a different device to stream audio to the speaker, as well as performing a reset by turning off your product and disconnecting it from power for 30 seconds. 

I would also like to know if the speaker completely turns off or just loses the connection if the speaker fully turns off then can you please check to ensure that you don't have any auto-off settings enabled inside the Bose Music App > Settings > Auto-Off. 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regard to this and if any other users have had a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B