Bradwoods30
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2020

Bose home speaker 450

Hi my Bose home speaker 450 recently started cracking from the right hand side of the speaker and the bass sounds like a popping sound, 

my serial number is [Edited by Moderator]

The speaker is only a couple of months old, it has been working perfectly until now.

I checked the bass and treble levels

I tried a different power point 

I tried restoring it but nothing is working

Please help I’m missing my music

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L

Re: Bose home speaker 450

Hi Bradwoods30,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

When you have noticed this noise from the speaker what source have you been listening to? Does it happen with all audio sources or only certain ones? It is possible for a rattling noise to be heard from the right side of the speaker during bass-heavy and/or high-volume audio due to "port noise," which can be produced by the movement of speakers in a ported enclosure. If you are playing from a connected Bluetooth or AUX device, make sure no bass EQ or audio processing is enabled in the sound settings of the device or the app used to play audio as this can cause port noise from the speaker.

As you mentioned checking the bass and treble levels on the speaker, did reducing the bass stop the noise, or did it continue with the bass lowered?

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Bradwoods30
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2020

Hi it was streaming from amazon at the time but it’s also doing it with all other sources, and the noise did not stop when adjusting the bass

Sam_F

Thank you for clarifying, Bradwoods30.

To confirm, does the crackling noise happen at all levels of volume, regardless of bass/treble? Do you remember when the issue started happening and was there a power surge at all around that time that may have caused issues?

If you're finding a reset or trying various power outlets is not removing the crackling, I'd recommend reaching out to local support, to look further into the available service options. This will be the best way to find a resolution to your issue and have your system fixed. Let me know if you have any queries regarding this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!