Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Bose home speaker 500 Spotify connection issues

Bought a Bose home 500 speaker in Hong Kong last week.  The speaker works fine with tuneIn.  But have connection issues with Spotify.  Not able to connect To Spotify most of the time ( white lights blinking with ‘Spotify’ logo on the display) when using the Spotify app and selecting the speaker as the output device.  Airplay works fine but that’s not what I want.  I have updated firmware and Spotify app and the Bose music app.  The connection with Spotify is just not stable.  It’s a pain every time trying to have the speaker to play music with Spotify.  A solution which usually work is to disconnect the speaker from power bit this is ridiculous as the speaker is Spotify compatible.  Have checked other posts but can’t find a good solution on this yet.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

Re: Bose home speaker 500 Spotify connection issues

Same here (but with the Bose Portable Home Speaker). I have Spotify connectivity issues at least once a week. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps given by Bose and they sometimes resolve the problem, but it always comes back a few days later.

For the prices Bose charge, I shouldn't have to reboot my speaker so often to resolve connectivity issues.

@bose Is this a recognized problem and is there a firmware update expected to address it?

Highlighted

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering difficulties when trying to use Spotify connect for playing music. I use this feature myself on my own Home Speaker 500, and I can imagine it's frustrating not being able to get the most from your system.

I appreciate you attempting troubleshooting so far, but have either of you tried rebooting your WiFi router? Simply disconnect it from power for two minutes and then re-connect. Also to note, the connection strength will be stronger the closer you position the speaker to your router. Let me know if you notice an improvement.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Yes.  Switching the speaker off and on, switching the router off and on, following info from other posts, etc.  sometime it takes few minutes and then it works. Sometimes it takes more than 20 min and the speaker still can’t connect to Spotify.  This is extremely frustrating as just want to get connected to Spotify and start listening to music.  Sometimes, even after Getting the speaker connected, the system will crash after playing a few songs and then I have to do the whole debugging again.  I don’t have any of these issues with my KEF speakers.  I start to feel that Getting the Bose speaker is a bad decision.

It seems that this problem has been around for months already.  When will Bose admit the problem and get this fix once and for all?

Highlighted

Thank you for giving these steps a go, sorry this persists.

Do you have any issues using Spotify Connect or Bluetooth connectivity with Spotify? I would just like to see if this is an isolated issue with the Bose music app.

Let us know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

The issue is related with Spotify because i can control the home speaker with the Bose Music App

I have already tried to disconnect the home speaker, reset it to the default fabric setup but nothing changed

Maybe there is something related to the latest Spotify app update

Very disappointing

Please advice