Kareemelawady
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Bose home speaker 500 error

I have bose 500 speakers and it was working perfect but now not connecting to any wifi app either tuenin or Deezer only working on bluetooth.I didi restore factory settings and checked wifi but still the speaker not working

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose home speaker 500 error

Hello Kareemelawady, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with connecting your Home Speaker 500 to your WiFi network. 

Are you just unable to connect to the Bose Music app?

Many any Home Speaker 500's do you own? If multiple, are they all experiencing this?

What does the LED state on the front of your speaker? Is this flashing? What color is it?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Kareemelawady
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

I have 1 home speaker 500 only. And the led screen flushing as loading. While for bluetooth working perfectly fine.I did restore factory setting and wifi working normally in home

Highlighted

Hi Kareemelawady,

Thank you for letting us know that information.

Just so I am sure, could you please confirm what pattern the light bar is showing, from this list, when you try and use the speaker? (the article is about the soundbars, but the light bar statues will be the same for the Home Speaker)

When you restored the factory settings and reconnected the speaker to the Wi-Fi network, did that process go through successfully? 

Also, when you open the Bose Music app, what does the app show you? Does it show the speaker as unavailable, or find the speaker but not let you play any music?

The next thing I would recommend you try for this is a power cycle of both the speaker and your router. To do this you want to disconnect them both from the power for 30 seconds, before reconnecting to power. It may take a few minutes for them both to power back up and reconnect to the internet.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.