Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2019

Bose home speaker 500 flashes orange bar

Hi. Recently my bose home speaker 500 disconnects from app and when i try to use alexa it will flash an orange light.

I can see the speaker within my wifi network and all other devices works great and have internet connection.

It started a week ago. Nothing has changed with my network configuration.

Please help.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: Bose home speaker 500 flashes orange bar

Hi YehonatanP, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! I am deeply sorry to hear this and would love to assist you further. 

I would highly recommend that you perform a reset on the Home speaker via Turn off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds. as well as performing this step on your internet router. 

Please update us on the result of this. If any other community members are also having this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2019

Hi. Already reset everything everal times. Sometime it will connect again and disconnect after a couple of hours and start flashing orane again when using alexa. Alaso can not connect thtough the app.

What does the flashing orange light in the light bar means?

Highlighted

Hi YehonatanP, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Can you please confirm what app you can't connect through? The Bose Music app or the Amazon Alexa App. The Flashing LED can mean many different things, can you please confirm how many times it flashes in this sequence? 

I look forward to your reply and hope that we can resolve this together😊

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2019

Hi. I can not connect with the bose music app. It will not find the speaker. It flashes 4 times.

After a while the speaker connects again and thah disconnecs.

Realy disapointing

Highlighted

Hello YehonatanP, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Is the device which you are using the Bose Music app on, connected to the same network as the speaker?

If the LED bar is continuously pulsing amber, this could mean that you have a notification from Alexa. Simply ask Alexa to read notifications. If the LED bar flashes amber just four times, this indicates that there is a source error. 

Let me know if you are still having trouble connecting to the speaker through the Bose Music app.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2019

OnRe: Bose home speaker 500 flashes orange bar

Yes. The device connected to the same wifi network. I can not ask alexa to read notification. I can not ask alexa to do anything. You know why?! Because alexa is not working and responding, as i mentioned like 4 times in evert single message i wrote before. 

I saw a similar complaints with soundbar 700. Do you have a fix for this? It comes and goes every few hours!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: OnRe: Bose home speaker 500 flashes orange bar

Hello YehonatanP,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I understand your frustration in this situation and I will try my best to help you out! Since you are getting an amber light flashing 4 times in a row this would indicate that there is a source error and the suggestion is to check the Bose Music app for further instructions. When this occurs do you get any notifications or error messages from the Bose Music app? If so what does it say? What source are you playing when this occurs? 

I would recommend making sure that your system is up to date, you can find out how to do this HERE. You can also find out more about the LED indicator statuses in the manual HERE.

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2019

Hi. I tried to connect the speaker to the internet using an older router and everything worked fine. When connecting it with a mesh router it works for a few hours and than flashes amber although i can see the speaker is connected to the wifi network. It seems like the router blocks the internet connection from the speaker. Is this a familiar problem? Ant suggestion for a solution?

By the way the speaker worked great with the same router up until two weeks ago aprox. and there were no changed with the router settings or configuration...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello YehonatanP,

Thanks for getting back in touch, that is very strange indeed. As you mentioned it would appear that the settings on your new router are preventing the speaker from connecting, it could be an issue with the router's firewall. I recommend that you go into your router settings and temporarily disable the firewall, then try reconnecting to the speaker. If you are able to connect then the firewall settings are preventing it from connecting, then you should have the option to allow a specific product in settings. 

There is some useful information on allowing and blocking ports HERE

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C