Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Bose home speaker 500 flashes white bar and not working

Hi, 

The speaker was ok when connected with Bluetooth previously. But yesterday after It was connected to wifi, my speaker constantly flashes white bar from left to right and doesn’t work anymore. I tried to unplug many times, no use. I tried to stop connection with wifi, no use. And I tried to factory setup, still no use. The system seems down. No reflection. How should I do? Can anyone help? Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Bose home speaker 500 flashes white bar and not working

Hi @Xiarui,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear your Home Speaker 500 has not been able to correctly operate for you so far - I'd be happy to help.

The flashing white light incident sounds similar to what we could expect from the speaker when it is updating - that's why the speaker may not have been playing audio at the time. We also usually recommend keeping the speaker plugged in during this period as the update will take around 20+ minutes to complete and it could be affected if the system loses power.

Is this what you were seeing? (image below)

hs500updating.gif

What I'd advise trying next is to reset the speaker by unplugging it from power and leaving it for about two minutes before reconnecting. Then you should see a response from the speaker, with an LED indicator letting you know the current state the system is in.

Please let me know what you find from trying that.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply. I tried but it still not work. I plugged It in with power overnight for more than 10 hours before. But It is still the same flashing and no LED indicator on it. Thank you very much though. If there is any other way to solve this problem please let me know. Thanks again. 

Highlighted

HI @Xiaorui,

Thank you for the update.

Just to confirm, when you power on the speaker you say the front LED will flash and then it'll stop and you see nothing?

If so, what happens when you press any of the touch buttons on the top of the speaker - do you see any response on the display or hear any tone from the speaker?

For example, the microphone and Bluetooth buttons will change colours of LEDs depending on the state, do you not see anything happen at all when you press these buttons?

Warm regards,

Sam F

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply. 
There’s no any response from the speaker when plugged in, only the white light bar flashes from left to right. I don’t see anything happen at all when I press any of the button. No response, no change colours, no sound, when I press any of the touch buttons on the top of the speaker. Even when I tried to factory setup, still no response. 
And I tried to turn off my wifi connection at home, but the speaker still like the same, no responses, only the white light bar flashes from left to right when I plugged in power again. 

Best regards,

Ma Xiaorui 

Highlighted

Hi @Xiaorui,

Thank you for letting me know.

What you've described is certainly not normal behavior for the Home Speaker 500, indicating there is likely an issue where the system is stuck in the process of updating, without being able to complete it. If you have in fact tried a factory reset of the system and you're still noticing none of the buttons are responding with a tone and the display is not showing any indication of understanding button input - there may be an internal issue.

What I'd advise doing at this stage is to get in touch with the customer service team for your region to discuss the possible options available, so you're able to have a speaker that is fully operational.

To find contact information, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Let me know if you have any further questions or queries!

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Hi!

Same problem here..  😥 "There’s no any response from the speaker when plugged in, only the white light bar flashes from left to right. I don’t see anything happen at all when I press any of the button. No response, no change colours, no sound, when I press any of the touch buttons on the top of the speaker. Even when I tried to factory setup, still no response. 
And I tried to turn off my wifi connection at home, but the speaker still like the same, no responses, only the white light bar flashes from left to right when I plugged in power again. 
"

How did you solve the problem? It would be helpful to know.. thanks for your time in advance!! 

Best regards,

Mauricio Becerra

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

I have the same problem.  I just unboxed my Soundbar 500 and it seems to be stuck in an update mode and nothing breaks that cycle.  What are my other options?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Hi,

I am also having the same problem. Flashing white light from left to right and has been stuck like this for days now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

If you are seeing the light moving from left to right, what this is telling you is that the speaker has downloaded, and is attempting to install an update file. If it is continuing for this long then it does sound like it is unable to install this file for some reason.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting in this thread already then I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!