Balor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Bose home speaker 500 trouble

I can not get my Bose home speaker to turn back on after I have unplugged it to move it somewhere else tried everything I can think of maybe it got fired when I did that but not sure going to probably have to buy new unless someone else has an idea what happened to it thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bose home speaker 500 trouble

Hi Balor. 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your speaker and would love to assist further. 

Can you please attempt to power the speaker via the original outlet? Also is the speaker responsive when you touch any of the function buttons on the top? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and if any other community members have this same issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Highlighted
Balor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

I have tired that still not turn on and anything else seems to turn on I hit the mic button it makes sound and that’s all nothing else so going to have but a new I am guessing here 

Hi Balor, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Are you able to connect to the speaker via Bluetooth or Aux? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Balor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

I can not get it to do any of thoses things either so I am going to have to bite the bullet I gues and buy an new one then I am guessing ? Unless there is some else I can do to make work ?

Hello Balor, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Can you please confirm: 

- Is there anything visible on the screen of the system? If not please reach out to support to discuss service.

- Have you tried using a different power cord?

- Have you tested other products on the same circuit to ensure it isn't just the one speaker affected? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Balor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

I have tired all the things u said and still nothing so at this I am maybe going to have to bite the bullet and get a new one it is looking like I guess unless u got anything 

thanks 

Hello Balor, 

Thanks for getting back in touch

Please reach out to service. The team will be able to help further. It is likely your speaker may still be in warranty so repair would be free of charge.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Balor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

well i have decided to replace it myself thanks for ur help thanks