Highlighted
albyu2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Bose music App - All album art missing for my Amazon Music

Hi all,

when I first configured my Bose Music App for my Soundbar 700 and my Amazon Music account, I get everything working like a charm! All album art (plus artist images, songs images...) for MY music were displayed (notice: my music, so music that I purchased from Amazon). It was 23/12/19.

Now, since more or less a week, all album cover (and all thumbnails for artist and songs) are missing for all my Amazon Music.

They are instead still visible for all Amazon Music Unlimited albums.

What has happened?

Hope you can help!

Thank you so much

PS: I tried uninstall app, remove Amazon Music account but nothing changes.

PSS: I’d like to attach a screenshot but I’m not able! Apologize me!

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Bose music App - All album art missing for my Amazon Music

Hi @albyu2,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Bose Music app is no longer displaying album art correctly, for Amazon Music - that is quite unusual.

Have you attempted resetting your WiFi router? Simply unplug the router from power and leave disconnected from power for two minutes. This may help to refresh the connection to the Bose server to bring back the album artwork.

Let me know after this test if the artwork does start to appear.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

albyu2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Hi Sam, thanks for your support.

I did what you suggest but, unfortunately, nothing changes... still no artwork visible for any of my music 😞

Any other suggestions???

ps: how can I attach a screenshot?

Hi @albyu2,

I appreciate you trying that - sorry to hear it did not fix things!

Out of curiosity, have you tried using the Bose Music app on a different device to see if the issue persists?

You may want to try removing the speaker from your account and then re-adding it. On the 'My Bose' page, select Settings > Manage Products > Edit > Delete. Then, restart the app, search for your soundbar and re-add it to your account. You may notice the services respond differently.

Give that a try and let me know how things go!

Warm regards,

Sam F

albyu2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Sam, I’m afraid... I did what you suggest again, but nothin happens.

no artwork at all.

I’ve installed Bose music app on another device (Android, mine is iOS), logged in with my Bose account, look into my Amazon music and no artwork.

Same scenario on my mobile after remove/add soundbar.

In addition to that, I notice that on Home section, in recent played songs list, for songs played from my Amazon music I don’t see any title, artist and artwork. I simply see “Songs” as title and musical note as artwork.

Hi @albyu2

Thank you for the update - sorry once more that the suggest troubleshooting did not improve things.

Would you be able to provide a cropped screenshot to highlight exactly what you're seeing? Also, do you get this artwork issues when playing music through any of the other services available on the Bose Music app?

Warm regards,

Sam F

albyu2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Hi Sam,

the artwork bug comes only with MY Amazon Music.

Other service are all with online streaming and works fine. I have configured my Spotify free account, I get artworks but I don't have any songs or albums purchased (so I can't compare).

The strange behavior that I notice is this one: the same album has it's own artwork visible in Amazon Music Unlimited, but it's lost when I immediately add it to My Amazon Music.

Finally I can attach screenshot from my pc, which I can't from mobile.

This is a U2 album on Amazon Music Unlimited (everything is perfect):
IMG_8643.PNG

This is the same album, after that I've added to My Amazon Music. As you can see artwork and title are missing (Brani means Songs):

IMG_8644.PNG

If I search for the same album, I have two different behaviors between Unlimited and My Music.

Unlimited (all perfect):

IMG_8641.PNG 

My Music (artwork missing):

IMG_8642.PNG

Then, in my home (Casa) section, below recently played, I have NO information about all My Amazon Music tracks, no title (Brani = Songs) and no artwork. Others works fine:

IMG_8639.PNG

Last but not least, this is how I see My Amazon Music, all albums without any artwork:

IMG_8640.PNG

Hi Albyu2,

Thank you for your post and providing these screenshots, this is super helpful!

This is indeed very strange. Can you tell me if this happens in your Amazon application? This will help us understand where your issue is originating from. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

albyu2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

My Amazon music app works like a charm! Everything is visible for my music in Amazon music app.

Hi Albyu2, 

Thank you for confirming this. 

I have tested this for you on our speakers here and whilst it does display in the same way for us, the album artwork does show when we play the music. 

Can you tell me if this is what is happening for you? 

Let me know!

Kindest, 

Jessie O