Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Bose music app - default screen - not showing album artwork

I purchased a Bose Soundbar 700 recently. All the setup is complete and is working fine.

One issue I am facing when I am listening to Music from Bose Music app (Spotify source) or Bluetooth is the Album artwork is not showing on the TV HDMI ARC input. It always show the Bose Music default screen with Apple/Google logos.

Is it capable of showing the Album artwork and if so what steps am I missing or is it not possible/not supported?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose music app - default screen - not showing album artwork

Author Accepted Answer selected by User6320a

Hello!

Welcome to the community, thanks for joining us!

Don't worry you are not doing anything wrong with your soundbar! At this time, it is not possible to have the album artwork for the music you are streaming show on your TV.

The screen you see when you select the HDMI input the soundbar is connected to, is there to act as a notification that the soundbar is what is connected to that input. That way you won't see a blank screen and worry it isn't connected properly!

Having album artwork show there is an interesting idea and if it is something you would like to see as a feature I'll be sure to pass it along to our development team! I wouldn't be able to say whether this is something that would be possible, but I will pass on your feedback anyway!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by User6320a

Hello!

Welcome to the community, thanks for joining us!

Don't worry you are not doing anything wrong with your soundbar! At this time, it is not possible to have the album artwork for the music you are streaming show on your TV.

The screen you see when you select the HDMI input the soundbar is connected to, is there to act as a notification that the soundbar is what is connected to that input. That way you won't see a blank screen and worry it isn't connected properly!

Having album artwork show there is an interesting idea and if it is something you would like to see as a feature I'll be sure to pass it along to our development team! I wouldn't be able to say whether this is something that would be possible, but I will pass on your feedback anyway!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Thank you for the response. Yes it would be great if we are able to see the Artwork from the app we are playing music from (either HDMI source or Bluetooth) to show on the TV. I would really appreciate if this is taken up as a feature for future updates.