Tcii198750@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Bose portable home app

I just inboxed my much awaited Bose portable home. I downloaded the Bose music app to my iPhone X and the app will not find the speaker despite all the resets and troubleshooting I performed. It’s not the phone because the phone actually can connect to the speaker but the app is not. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Bose portable home app

Yes, I warned Bose of the software glitches earlier this week and they didn’t bother to correct them prior to their own launch of a $400 speaker. 

Tcii198750@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

I know that the speaker hasn't reached a lot of customers but i'm sure there are many other people having the same issues.

Hi Tcii198750, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, can you please perform a reboot on the speaker via pressing and holding the Play/Pause button till the ring fully illuminates and resets, please then place the speaker into set up mode via Pressing and holding the Play/Pause button as well as the Volume - Button to place the speaker into set-up mode and go to your devices Wi-Fi settings and select the Bose Portable Home Speaker as the network and revisit the Bose Music App and follow the steps that are on the screen. 

If you don't see the set-up screen then please go to this link here and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Please update me on the result of these steps and if anyone else in the community is having these issues please follow the steps in this message. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support