ChiranK
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Bose portable home speaker Charging all day

I just got my Bose portable home speaker with charging cradle. Just wandering whether it’s okay to place it on the charging cradle all the time. Will it effect the battery life?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Bose portable home speaker Charging all day

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

Your speaker uses a Lithium battery. Lithium batteries have a built-in auto-off feature when a full charge is reached to prevent the battery from being overcharged. Even while still plugged in, the battery level will have to drop below a certain point to trigger the charging again.

I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any other questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
La BESTIA
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

That's a great question. Besides, is plugging it in via USB-C going to weaken the battery life down the road?

Cheers!

La BESTIA

Vicky_W

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

Your speaker uses a Lithium battery. Lithium batteries have a built-in auto-off feature when a full charge is reached to prevent the battery from being overcharged. Even while still plugged in, the battery level will have to drop below a certain point to trigger the charging again.

I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any other questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post