Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troykm
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Bose portable home speaker static!

My PHS has started making a static/interference noise from the speaker. It’s very quiet and it’s there  regardless if music is playing or not. 

I disabled wifi on the speaker to rule out wifi interference but it’s still there. I reset the speaker to factory settings. Made no difference. 

I should add that the noise is the same regardless of volume setting. Volume at max or zero it still the same. You have to put your head to the speaker to hear it but it’s there. 

any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_G

Re: Bose portable home speaker static!

Hello TRoykm, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your speaker. This certainly shouldn't be happening. I would recommend contacting the local support team in your region to seek a repair. Details can be found here.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Troykm
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

I returned the speaker to my retailer and got a replacement unit. But the replacement is also doing it. What’s going on? 

Charlotte_G

@Troykm I am sorry that the issue is also happening with your replacement Portable Home Speaker. 

Although you disabled Wi-Fi, would you be able to relocate the speaker to another room to see if you still hear this?

Let me know if anything changes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Troykm
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

I have returned the new speaker for a refund. I got my money back after the store manager said she has had quite a few of them returned this year for the same issue. Seems a serious quality issue on Bose’s part. So I’m staying away. 

I have noticed several threads on here for the same issues with the sound link revolve/revolve+ too. Seems Bose is no longer the company it was.