Highlighted
kmac1406
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Bose portable smart speaker network connection

My new Bose portable speaker will play if paired as part of a group with another speaker, but isn't recognized if I try to play it alone. Will also connect via Bluetooth, just not directly alone to the network.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose portable smart speaker network connection

Hi Kmac1406, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with our new speaker and would love to assist you further. 

Please note that you have received the speaker earlier than you are supposed to so the full functions of the app may not yet be activated. Can you please attempt to reset the speaker via Pressing and Holding the Play/Pause Button for 10 seconds until you hear the startup process begin again. I would also recommend that you ensure that the speaker is up to date via pressing and holding the Bluetooth and - button to force a product update. 

Please update me on the result of this and if anyone else is experiencing this issue early please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
kmac1406
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Thanks Hector. I did both of those things and it does now seem to be working.  I'll use over next several days and let you know if it continues to be working.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi Kmac1406, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! I am glad to hear that this resolved your issue and if it does come back please do let us know. 

I hope that these steps above provide useful for any other users😊

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.