happitt
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 28, 2019

Bose solo 5 universal remote is not pairing with my sharp smart tv

I recently bought a bose Solo 5 soundbar and trying to program the universal remote with my brand new sharp smart tv but its not pairing with it. I have tried turning off the energy saving but still it doesnot pair with my tv.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose solo 5 universal remote is not pairing with my sharp smart tv

Hello Happitt, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I would love to see if I can assist you. To start with can I please confirm if you have tried the steps here, using the remote code 0093? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

SebastianRozas
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Bose solo 5 universal remote is not pairing with my sharp tv

Hi Vicky and team,

We have the exact same issue. We used code 0093 and repeated the process as well but we can't get it to connect it. It's a Sharp Aquos model LC-49UI7252E...are they compatible? Are there other codes? We looked online for a solutions but no luck yet!

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian

Re: Bose solo 5 universal remote is not pairing with my sharp tv

Hello SebastianRozas, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry but this is the only code we have for Sharp TV's. I would like to check if the remote is sending an IR signal to the TV. We can test this by pointing the remote it at the front-facing camera on your phone or tablet. If you see the red light, when pressing buttons, through the camera and it works. Please note, it must be the front-facing camera as the back facing one has am IR filter. 

I would love to know where the IR sensor is on your TV as well as if this is being blocked, this could be causing an issue. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Moderator edit: There is also a great thread HERE with extra steps that may help!