Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Bose soundbar 500 8.0.13: crackle right rear speaker

My bose soundbar 500 with firmware version 8.0.13-8133+552c64a started to have a weird sound on the right side of the speaker, I already multiple sources of sound and all of them have problems. It sounds is like crackling when the sound is 60% loud and it does not matter if is dolby or stereo or none. Also checked that there is no special configs on my sound, I try the bose music app as well and no setting is solving my problem.

There is another post similar to mine

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Soundbar-500-crackle-in-right-rear-speaker-after-4-0-8-firm...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose soundbar 500 8.0.13: crackle right rear speaker

Hey Jonatthu,

Thanks for your message. The link you've provided was addressed in a previous firmware update.

It sounds like you've attempted some great previous troubleshooting. To clarify, does the issue with this particular speaker also occur when using other sources - you noted using the Bose Music app. Have you also tested Bluetooth?

I do have some follow-up questions that I would like to ask. Firstly, have you tried swapping the left and right speakers round? Disconnect the speakers from the physical wireless receiver, and reconnect back to the opposing wireless receiver. Be sure to leave the wireless receivers in their current locations. Does the issue remain with the right speaker, or does it translate to the left? If the issue follows the speaker, there may be a hardware fault with the speaker driver.

If the issue remains on the right side with the original wireless receiver, let's troubleshoot further. Have you tried reconnecting all wiring and cabling from this wireless receiver, and reconnected back? Be sure that there's no physical damage to any of the speaker wiring and that the cables are securely installed to both the receiver and the connected speaker. 

Are there any nearby devices that could be causing wireless interference to the speaker and wireless receiver? Test moving this particular receiver and speaker to different locations in your room to test. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 28, 2020

It happens with HDMI(ARC) and bluethoot devices as well.

I already did all the "in-home" possible troubleshooting like factory reset and trying to change cable connections and turning off wireless devices as well but nothing has worked so far.

Highlighted

Hey jonatthu,

Thanks for the update!

When you were doing the troubleshooting and swapped the speakers over as @Andy_B described, did the crackling sound move with the speaker to the left-hand side, or did it remain on the right-hand side?

Also, have you tried changing the switches on the receivers over? On each receiver is a switch that will be set to either L or R. If you swap these switches over, does the crackling stay on the same receiver, or does it switch to the other receiver?

Please do let us know how these tests go as it will help to identify what the next steps will be!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.