Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrebrazpi
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with Google speaker group

Jessie, any update on this!? This was a big reason why I bought the speaker, I’m really surprised it does not work in this way. 

Jessie_O

Hi Andrebrazpi, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

At the moment, we do not have any additional information regarding this feature request. Keep an eye on the announcements page of the Community for any updates. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Meak
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

Strange.

I also own set of LG soundbar with Google Assistant and grouping Google speakers with LG are no issue. If LG can do it why not Bose?

Lean
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

I am really dissapointed to find out that I couldn't add the soundbar to a google Home group.

Thanks for sharing this.

I noticed that the soundbar disconnects from the Google home mini after a time in idle. I can't find a way to make it keep the bluetooth connection until I manually switch it to TV. Is there a way?

Thanks!

anewsome
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

This is *very* upsetting. This Soundbar 700 was not cheap. I would expect that this basic feature was already included, especially for the price we pay for Bose brand.

It's even more dismaying to hear that cheap LG speakers are able to join a google home group.

Group functionality was one of the main reasons I purchased this speaker and sub setup. Bose developers have failed big time on this one. They should consider trolling the Linked in pages of LG developers who actually know how to make this functionality work. I've had my speaker for over a year now and really surprised this is still an issue.

stupoox
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

About a year or so down the line, all very basic core capabilities I've submitted as feature requests have been totally ignored. This included. 

The incompetence of Bose's ability to include or develop basic features is outstanding.

Tclaw
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Agree with above comment, you had one job to do. The only reason I purchased the Bose is to play in a speaker group. Why would you want a google enabled device that doesn't play well with google.

stupoox
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Almost a year since this first suggested (in this thread at least) ... amongst other feature requests totally ignored by Bose...

What's going on??

Still can't do the following,

-Add Bose 700 into speaker group in Google Assistant

-Auto switch source to TV upon detection

-Can't switch back to TV automatically without Bose remote

-Can't switch back to TV automatically without turning TV on/off 2 or 3 times (if you're lucky)

-No change source to TV in Bose App

-Ability to rollback, select and/or disable firmware versions/updates

-Bose Music app - allowing to select/drag to a point in time during a playing song. Currently can only play right from the beginning with no option to move to further into the track (some music sources)

-Multiple wrath of HDMI ARC issues I've experienced (along with hundreds of others) - luckily mines been stable-ish on an LG TV last few months

bradgoose
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

My Bose Soundbar 500 arrived today and I could hardly get it unpacked and setup quick enough due to the anticipation - I have other Bose products and love them.

The sound is stunning....however, that’s where my excitement quickly grinds to a halt.

My whole house has speakers grouped using Google Home which is amazing - can you imagine the frustration and disappointment when I find out that you cannot add this soundbar to a Google speaker group!

Ive read through other customers comments on this site hoping to find a solution but only to find more misery.

I do not think it is an accident or bad product integration on the part of Bose. However, I do think that it is a deliberate attempt by Bose to tie customers into the Bose brand, in my own example I would need to purchase the separate subwoofer and wireless surround speakers in order to add more devices in the same room.

I am absolutely gobsmacked only to find this out after unboxing it and wasting my time setting it up. Given that it’s advertised as working with both Alexa and Google, it’s logical to assume that it can be used within Google Home to group speakers together. After all, the software boasts that it can turn up my heating or switch off my TV!! I don’t need all of that bloated functionality from an audio device, I just want it to work with other speakers around my own home - a KEY piece of functionality for a high end audio piece of kit.

Alas, I will enjoy listening to it this evening and then I will be gladly putting it back in the box and sending it straight back to the store for a refund in full.

Thank you Bose, for building up my hopes, breaking my wallet, wasting my time and leaving me in a pool of disappointment with buyers remorse. I expect more from a company with a reputation for sound and quality.

I’ll purchase a decent alternative and hope that a Bose employee with a conscience and the responsibility to affect change, reads this post.

stupoox
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Good for you bradgoose! Exercise your rights to return it while you can!! 

Unfortunately, me and many others are well out of that grace period .. and continuously disappointed by Bose' lack of ability to release expected functionality and just ignore and sit on feature requests for months/years!!

Plus the occasional shoddy firmware release that breaks something and then weeks again for them to fix!!