dvalois
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with Google speaker group

I am disappointed with my purchase. My smart home just got stupider. Thanks Bose, but I don't want to click through your app to play music through my house. Everything else I have works with Google home. Please allow Google Home to use this device as a speaker in a speaker group!

sloz06
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2020

I have the new Bose portable speaker. 

This needs to be addressed, if not already in the works needs to be highly prioritized.

Totally unacceptable, especially because they left out an 1/8th input jack. 

I would have been able to at least use a Google Chromecast audio. 

Make the speaker play in a group.  In Google home. Totally mislead when I saw the Google assist icon next to your product .

stupoox
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Bose,

is this simple feature ever going to be developed ???!

its been months and honestly years since this should be basic functionality ??! 

as ever it seems simple thing either not happen or take excessively long to uptake

wtbjr
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

My Bose Portable Home Speaker - has bluetooth, wifi, and google assistant -  shows up as a device in my google home app and I can play music to the Bose speaker alone.  My problem is I cannot add the Bose speaker to a speaker group.  When I try to create a group in Google Home app, the Bose speaker is not presented as an option.  Only the other google speakers I have.  I'm in USA.  What am I doing wrong?

stupoox
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Bose, any update on if/when Bose Speakers and Soundbars will be able to be added to Google Home Speaker Groups??

MSmithBose
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

Yes, Bose can you give an update?  Rather than responding that there's no new updates available available, instead, just be real with us and let us know your plans are.  Is adding the 700 to Google Speaker Groups on your road map?  Has it been determined that it will be added?  Has it been determined that it won't be added?  Is it still under consideration?  Is there a timeline for when it will be decided?  Many of us, myself included paid a lot of money for this setup and bought it because we were led to believe that proper google support would be added but so far it has not.  Personally, I can forgive Bose even if won't get added, as long as they just be straight with me and let me know what the plans are.  If I know that it won't get added, I can start trying to build a workaround, but i don't want to invest money and time in that, if proper support is on the road map.  Thanks Bose!

barrycraig
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

Just want to add another voice to this. I'm also extremely disappointed that this basic feature is not included. Speaker groups are one of the main use cases for Google assistant devices, for this feature to be omitted on a device that prides itself on sound quality is really terrible. 

Mikeho
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

I have the same question for Soundbar 500. It just needs to support chromecast audio to be recognised by Google Home as a speaker. I am considering purchase of a Soundbar 500 and this is a must have feature.

Vicky_W

Thank you everyone for your input. We have added you all to the list of users who would like this as a feature.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
nbates89
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

Please add me to this list as well. This is something that has been extremely frustrating and was the main reason I purchased the Bose Soundbar 700. It doesn't make any sense to incorporate assistants if they can pair with groups.