Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BartP
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with Google speaker group

Add me as well. I'm really disappointed it doesn't work with Google or Alexa systems. One thinks that a product with "multiroom" in the name and "Google Assitant support" would work with Google Assistant multiroom, alas...

Bradparas
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Please add me to the list as well. I’m shocked that this has not yet been addressed.

That new line of Nest speakers is starting to look like the better multi room audio option...

romulusmyfada
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

I guess we are still waiting a year after the feature request. It blows my.mond thos doesnt play well with Google's eco system

Ashamock
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2020

Add me in too.

I have 8 Google Home speakers and I just bought the bose portable smart speaker. Turns out you can't add it to a speaker group in Google. Please let me know if this feature will be released soon - else I need to return this product.

Dean415
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

A bit of feedback: while I appreciate your efforts at pushing your speaker and apps, this is a pain. No one buys a premium speaker expecting to navigate a workaround or having to add yet another Google mini to the equation.  Just another disappointment, I can't use the same app to control an older pair of Bose speaker, and now I can't add it to a Google speaker group. I Love your products, but not that much. Why should I keep buying Bose products? They're good but not worth the extra hassle. 

Gdcraft
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

I read this post before shelling out almost $2k on a system.  Only to find out that every time I go to use the "Downstairs" group with the Bose sound at 700 connected via bluetooth to a Google mini that the Bluetooth connection has been removed in Google Home Appp.  Typical Google.   If I rebuild the group for that listening session it works 2 out of 3 times.   Any help would be great...

Maybe a real software update from Bose.  Would I be better off switching to Alexa?

jackpgh
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Don't bother with alexa.  The latency is variable and just causes frustration for me.  One song will have the Bose ahead by a couple milliseconds and then the next song will be behind.  The echoing sound is infuriating (due to the exorbitant cost of the Bose).

VRRRBL
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2020

Please add me to the list of customers wishing to be able to use my Bose speakers in a group through through the Google Home app. I would love to hear an update on whether this is in the pipeline. Thanks

Lochlan
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

This is messed up. Cannot believe we just spent 2k on a system that connected to my Google home but won't connect to my chromecast. Upon reading this thread it doesn't seem there is any intention from Bose to fix this so we will be returning the product tomorrow. Jesus christ. I will never buy another bose product again.

davedj79
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Wow!  Same, just spent £2k on this system to find it won't go into the Google Home speaker group for the house?  BOSE what is your plan to rectify this?