Rafaelsilva
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Bose soundbar 700 with bass module 700

Dear, bose

What is going on with the bass.... everyone is complaining that the bass doesnt sound. And yet I saw no reply from you guy about a fix.

I just notice that when I ran the IQ. It did not sound the bass from 700. But it sound the bass part of the sound bar. Which I might think it's your issue.

There is a conflict with those 2 bass. So it makes the external bass no sound great the way it supposed to.
77 REPLIES 77
Community Manager

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with bass module 700

Hi Rafaelsilva,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the setup issues but would be happy to help!

• When you went through the setup of the system, did the bass module get connected through the app?  
  • When the system connects to the accessory speakers, there should be a confirmation tone.
  • How far away is the bass module from the soundbar?
  • What's the color/pattern of the LED on the bass module?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Rafaelsilva
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Mob.

I went through your help line with over 20 things before I even wrote a word here.

1. Tried to move the bass close to the wall, far from the wall.
2. Factory reset ran IQ without bass than added the bass.
3. Tried optic
4. Trie hard wire the bass.
5. Ran IQ test multiple times. Close and further from the device.
6. Factory reset and used on it's normal stage instead of IQ.
7. Tried IQ test with bass in -100% than put back to 0 after. Manage to hear a little more but still real low.
8. Reinstalled the software on my phone.
9. Tried music with hardcore bass.
10. Moved it to a smaller room.
11. Tried side by side with friends 300.
12. Hard wired bass to friends 300 bam bass was loud as f...
13. Tried friends bass on my module sound real low.
14. Gave up called support line they will send me another soundbar after I send mine to them.

And I am pretty sure that still not going to work since I am think it's all the soundboard firmware pr software that is having issue. To many people complaining about it. Not only myself.
Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

I am having the exact same issues and have gone through all those steps. Going to be exchanging my bass module tomorrow. If a lot of people are having these issues how is it I see positive reviews out there? Are they paid off? Did we just get a bad batch? Those are the questions.
Highlighted
clprice
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

I'm having this exact issue. Almost no sound coming from the BM700. Seems like it's a software problem. I've tried all the suggested fixes to no avail.
ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

The solution for customer who wants a little more bass response.

YouTube - Training Webinar "Bose 500 and 700 series Smart Speakers webinar 2018-10-03"

Two Bass Module 500 instead of one Bass Module 700 - Start at minute 36:00

ybo

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Thank you for your help but that is not a logical solution. There are thousands of positive reviews on the bass module 700 that indicate super awesome earth shattering sound. I can hear the system trying to produce this sound but it sounds like it is stuck in volume 10 or something. Just not loud enough to appreciate it.
Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

How bizarre. I bought the sound bar 700 to replace my solo 15 and was disappointed with the sound. Couldn't really afford the 700 bass but thought i can't have it like this. Went out and bought one and now im where you guys are. Weak bass and i had already set the system up. It found the bass unit straight away and it sounded the same. It just doesn't hardly vibrate. I've set it up at 100  the bass is on, sound bar all working, Alexa is set. LG OLED TV using optical cable. I'm not happy about taking it back i just want it working. It sound great instore

@Bubbaloo wrote:
Thank you for your help but that is not a logical solution. There are thousands of positive reviews on the bass module 700 that indicate super awesome earth shattering sound. I can hear the system trying to produce this sound but it sounds like it is stuck in volume 10 or something. Just not loud enough to appreciate it.

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Oh man. I just exchanged mine. I’ll try it when I get home. Weird thing happened at the store. When I went to exchange it they told me the bass module had a different serial than the serial in the box. Hmmm.
Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

I've sorted mine. I reset the bar and reconnected it to the Wi-Fi. Went through the whole set up and it's fine. I think I connected with Bluetooth and the sub wasn't talking to the bar through the internet. I set it all up on line then connected through Bluetooth. The mistake i think was I didn't continue the set up as bose 700 and swapped it to my internet through my tablet ap.

I'm hoping this advise may help someone.

@Bubbaloo wrote:
Oh man. I just exchanged mine. I’ll try it when I get home. Weird thing happened at the store. When I went to exchange it they told me the bass module had a different serial than the serial in the box. Hmmm.