Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with bass module 700

Another update...

I have now emailed Bose through their website 4 times with no reply. Very poor service. The system's bass is still ok since I set the accoustics with the headphone on top of the soundbar. I know this is a fault and they are not giving me decent customer service. I'm shocked as I work for Roberts Radio and we would not do this. 

Have any of you guys had an update?

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Well. With the new set up that constitutes placing the Adaptiq headset very close to the Soundbar I feel pretty satisfied with the bass module but I am not sure if it’s still supposed to perform better.
gongai
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

I can also confirm than after my "special" AdaptIQ calibration (using spots all across the room - not only the seating area) the sub performs ways better. I've had to reduce bass settings to "0". On high volumes the room is literaly shaking.

So for me it is an AdapIQ/software issue.

My solution: Perform AdaptIQ and choose random places all over your room.

Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Hi Guys,

well it looks as if we all have bass now and thanks to whom discovered the headset work round. I am also ok about it but just felt the mid to lower ranges are not as good. I'm going to follow up with Bose because it's not right for it to be "acceptable". 

My bass does boom now but i think it's not smooth caused by the software. I will keep you updated though

thanks guys

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

A new update for the app came out 1 day ago for IOS. Has anyone tried running AdaptiQ again? I haven’t had the time.
Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Hi,

I've had no call from Bose and not had time to chase it up. I'm running this through Android and there is no update that I can see

Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Another Update,

I phoned customer service and they said sorry for not returning my 6 emails over the last 10 days. I've had no help at all, they gave me a local dealer to talk to but as I know him and he's not knowledgeable enough i decided to call a Bose dealer. He has no knowledge of a problem and said to move the sub in a different area. I'm going to try that but I'm like you guys, reluctant to take it back and want a software update. I guess the way forward is either take it back or put up with it. Not really happy as changing the sub won't help

Highlighted

Hi Ilovemusic,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't reached a resolution yet.

What troubleshooting did the phone agent take you through?  

As well, are you sure you called Bose Support?  We would never refer to a local dealer for technical support over the phone.  Let me know which country you live in (or you can private message Community_Admin) and I can make sure you get in touch with somebody if you don't want to troubleshoot over the community.

Please let me know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Hi,

I'm surprised you think that because it was Bose Europe Customer Service. Exactly as I said and I'm in the UK. Yes she gave me a dealer to phone and yes i did phone another Bose dealer. I have tried everything with the units and not over happy. I was hoping an engineer would have had a look at it but they said they couldn't arrange that. I would be happy to talk to someone with the knowledge

yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

+1 ...I was on the verge of returning the entire system (Sounbar+Bass module), performing a complete reset and trying without AdaptIQ improved it.

I then sat literally 1 ft away in front of the soundbar and reran adaptIQ and now at-aleast there is some noticeable bass. If I have the volume at ~35-45, the sound is clear and the bass is a bit noticeable. Anything beyond 45, I can feel it...

I've set my bass at +50 to have a better impact at lower volumes. 

Now, with all of that side, is the bass module now worth the money??? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I shouldn't have to go through ridiculous amount of tweaking and mucking around on $1500 top-of-the-line product. At-least I know it's a messed up software and I will live in the enternal hope of a software fix.