Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with bass module 700

Hi,

I think Bose are a joke. Back on the feed i was offered help. Did i get it...NO.

I am not happy at all with the money I've wasted on a system that's faulty. Customer Service is an absolute demonstration of how not to do it. I've had to bodge the system to sound ok. 

They need a system update and they cant be bothered to tell their customers what they plan to do. I havent taken it back because the store is too far away and they asked me to phone a shop to see whats wrong. They know less than me...

Rafaelsilva
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Very disapointed at bose, next step is to call them and ask for my money back.

my friends 300 is 100 times better than my 700 without bass.

i am done they already replaced the whole thing and still not working.

matei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Hi,

Just from my experience, when the soundbar's volume is low, then the bass output is also almost not there. The volume of the bass module and the volume of the bar do not increase proportionally.

When the soundbar is set at 50 - 60% volume the subwoofer starts sounding like it is really there. At about 75 - 80 % it really tries to blow my windows off. You can always set the bass to +100 and the centre and treble channels to -30 -40. You will get the bass kicking in earlier.

Regards,
Matei

yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

That's exactly what I see as well!
The problem is 50-60 volume is already pretty loud and hence at lower volumes the bass module is practically useless. Also, the soundbar by itself produces more bass at these lower volumes (turn off the bass module) comparitively. I hope bose addressees his via a software fix of some sort.
Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

All I can say is not everyone has a mansion to crank up the volume. I actually am not happy with the bass on the bar alone thats why I got the sub to improve it. Mind you its a good teacup table (expensive at that though).

TurcanuMircea
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Hy, i have the soundbar 700 with bassmodule 500 and it’s sound awesome.
I don’t belive that the people say that bassmodule 700 doesn’t have bass.
Somenthing it’s definitely rong.
I hope that you don’t have on the Dialog Mode on Bose Music app.That will be a good reason why the bassmodule doesn’t sound good.
Sauntman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

I purchased and setup the Soundbar 700.  Including calibration using the supplied IQ headset.  I originally planned on just going with the soundbar by itself, but then decided to purchase and add the Bass Module 700 the next day.  Adding the Bass Module was easy using the Bose Music App.  I did not recalibrate after adding the Bass Module and I have tons of bass.  At real low volumes the bass doesn't rattle my windows, but why would it at low volume?  Once I get above about 40% volume the bass is very noticeable.  Pump up the volume from there, the bass rumbles my room.  Setting my bass at 100 now is too much bass, so I adjusted it down some.  For those who claim to have no bass you must be doing something wrong in setting up the soundbar and bass module.  My system sounds awesome even though I don't have the rear speakers.  Very pleased with the Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700, only wish it cost a bit less.  Still, I have no buyers remorse.  

Rafaelsilva
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Sorry if i become rude to you sir.

Today date is 3/31/2019, Our complains were made in December last year and January. I had my equipment replaced and now it is working. Definetely there were issue with it, and also bose had updates on their SOFTWARE after january which fix the issue with the bass. Before you guys come here and tell people that they dont know how to set up their system make sure to read every single post made.

I had a Technician from bose walk through all the steps with me and i also took the whole equipment to the store which another technician revised did many step none of them worked. They defenitly said something was wrong.

They removed their system and put mine on the display that they had which has WALL made for sound that will repail the sound outwards  BAM sounds perfect. They used their system in a open space sound like **bleep**.  Bose finally found the issue and seems like it was a software issue, which after the update my BASS and BAR sound clear.

if people dont complain there is no FIX now people come here 3 months after the issue saying that people didnt know how to set up, just be glad we complainned and they repaired the issue.

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

You are totally right Rafael. Mine was working okay after I did some of the home brew fixes but I feel it could be better. Do you suggest I recalibrate the system as normal now that the new software has come out?
Highlighted
Rafaelsilva
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Do it with out the dialog being selected.

When i calibrated mine I did the 5 spots

1.st right side away from the bass. (9ft -10ft away)

2nd left side near the bass i mean (5ft - 7ft away)

3rd center (8ft away)

4th left side (9ft - 11ft away)

5th right side ( 8ft away)

mean where i usually sit to watch TV those were the spot. BASS is at 20% volume 31 on a sonny TV watching a movie the all shakes.

but remember they replace all my GEAR.