Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with bass module 700

By the way. I tried the suggestion from one of the other members.

Ran AdaptiqIQ with the bass module connected but had the headband (microphone) about 1 feet away from the sound bar itself. Finished it and I saw a considerable gain in bass. I can almost say it’s wirning as intended. The bass sounds so clear and awesome. I am going to keep testing it to make sure it wasn’t just placebo effect.
Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Update

I seemed to have lost the post on here I placed. Phoned up technical and tgey said i should change my Sub as that was what the problem was. I asked why it wasn't software and she said that it wasn't the sound bar.

I think it's software but my feeling is it's just not talking to the sub properly by the speaker jumping out of the network and not communicating. That does beg the question of the guys hardworking an it still not working.

I'm going to try the headset by the bar suggested today and see if i get more volume as I can't take the Sub back on a Sunday. If not I'm damned annoyed that I have to do a 200 miles round trip.

There was a guy on here that was changing the sub any news? Did it fix the issue?

ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Second trial.

Video of a Bose - Reseller Webinar for Retailer

"If you got a customer on the hook ..."

The first discussion point after the 30 minute presentation of the new Smart Speakers family is the weak bass. What does it tell to you if a Bose representative proposes to take two weak Bass Module 500 instead of one weak Bass Module 700.

• The weak bass is known as a fact at Bose?
  • There does not exist a real helping solution?
  • The new Smart Speakers family is not made to produce brute-earthquaking-sond?
  • Is it special made only for smart people, streaming, easy listening, alexa, mobility?

The webinar explains in the first 30 minutes very good the character of the Smart Speakers and the differences to the SoundTouch.

ybo

Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

HI,

I have listened with interest to the seminar but I think you have the wrong end of this. They said you could put 2 x 500 with the system for more bass with a splitter headphone but they didn't say the 700 was weak. This was not specific in identifying the 700 as weak.

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Well. I did exchange it and noticed a considerable difference. I believe that it was after I did the Adaptiq set up about 1 foot away from the soundbar.

I don’t know if it’s just placebo effect but I can affectively hear my wall trembling and the clear bass audio from movies that emit it.
Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Thank you Bubbaloo,

I'm going to try it now again. Fingers crossed buddy

Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Update again

The sub has definetly gone up a notch since I reset with the accoustics headset virtually on top of the sound bar. This hasnt got the typical Bose lower range when playing music. 

Playing music louder make walls shake a bit but doesn't fill the room when down low which I prefer and  normally associate with Bose.

im still out on this...It's a lot of money when a Yamaha or even dare I say Sonus is cheaper and probably sounds better. I'll give it the rest of the day and think about taking it back. My little Solo 15 sounds better

@Ilovemusic wrote:

Thank you Bubbaloo,

I'm going to try it now again. Fingers crossed buddy

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Sorry to hear that. I mean. I don’t feel it to be earth shattering. I just know I can feel something now. I don’t have much of a choice though because the rest of my system is older than 2 months so I am way over the return window.
gongai
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

I tested one new approach which led to a better sun experience for me:

For the AdaptIQ process I usually located the mic only on my personal viewing spots. I experienced the same weak sub performance as all of you did.

Now I performed the AdaptIQ measurement on the same locations as before, but in addition I stood on one totally new location in the middle of the room. A location which I never ever have or will use for viewing TV or listening music.

After that calibration I experienced much stronger sub performance at my favorite location and reduced my sub settings to "0".

Event this still might not be perfect it shows to me that it is a software/AdaptIQ issue which Bose should further investigate a.s.a.p.

Please check and verify.

Ilovemusic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Hi,

Yes in previous post it was suggested using headphone Adaptiq in a different way. I like the suggested  help used the setup with the headphone about a foot away rom the soundbar and yes it's better but shows software is not right. The signal is all wrong for the sub. It needs a software update rather than send them back for no reason. They must know about this!