Highlighted

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 Does not have Google assistant

Hello Kenny_mtg, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue, I would love to assist you with this. 

The reason you aren't able to locate Google Assistant inside the Bose Music app is due to it not currently being available in Vietnam through the Home Speaker 300. You also won't be able to access Alexa as this is also not currently available. 

We will update the community as soon as we have further information on when you can expect to see this feature added. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I have a Bose 300 that I'm trying to connect to Google home.  I've gone through the reset, uninstall, relink process.  Google home sees the device, however the Bose app will not let me set up voice control.  I've selected launch Google home and it never launches.  My only option is to skip.  I see no way in Google home to add voice control.  The speaker does connect to Spotify.  I'm in the US and using iOS to setup things.  Suggestions please.

Highlighted

Hi KathyPengie, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. Have you added your google assistant to the Bose Music app?

You can do this in the settings menu under the virtual assistant tab.

Let me know how it goes. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

As I stated the Bose app would not launch the app to add Google voice assist.  The Google home product did see the Bose account and added the speaker.  How can I get the Bose app to turn on Google voice assist when the launch in that portion of the app fails?

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to me! 

You will need to add Google Assistant in the Bose Music application. If you are experiencing issues with the app not opening, I would recommend deleting the application and then reinstalling it. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

I purchased a Bose Home Speaker 300 in Brisbane, Australia about 8 days ago and have not managed to get it to work with Google Assistant. It works fine with Alexa. I am using an iphone 11 Pro. However, it does not work with an iphone 10X or a Samsung Android tablet as well.

I have followed the advice given in this forum including deleting both apps and restarting as well as resetting the speaker. I still get the Opps message. 

It is frustrating that a product like Bose should be having these elementary problems in setting up. 

Any further advice?

Highlighted

Hello JBrisbane, 

Welcome to the forums. 

You can only use one voice assistant at a time. Are you trying to connect both virtual assistants to the speaker?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

No only one at a time. The Bose Music App will remove Alexa in anycase if I try to install both. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Re: Bose speaker 300 not connecting to Google assistant

I am having the same issue. I have reset the speaker multiple times and reconnected it. I am in the US so google is available. It will connect and say that it is linked, google assistant will work however google play music, youtube music and SiriusXM will only play if I do it via the app. Not if I ask the speaker to play it. I switched to Alexa and it works perfectly. It seems that Bose and Google are not communicating properly. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

I had this same issue, in general, the Bose Music app in my iPhone was trying to open google assistant app by opening a link to safari and then search for the app at the App Store, but stopped right there, even when the app (Google Assistant) was already installed. I deleted the Bose Music App and reinstall and the setting was completed successfully. Thanks