Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Re: Bose speaker 300 not connecting to Google assistant

Thanks,I live in the US so I dont think that should be an issue.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

I appreciate the feed back but I as well live in the US. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

I understand that it doesn’t work in some countries.I am guessing Google assistance works in the US.Please let me know if I’m wrong.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hello JCcares and MannyPimentel33, 

Thanks for confirming your location. Yes, the Google Assistant is available in the US with the Home Speaker 300 and 500. 

Do you by any chance have an alternative device that you could try to set this up with?

Additionally, do you have the device on the same network that the speaker is connected to?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Thank you.Unfortunately I do not have another Bose speaker to try out as an alternate.I do have a couple of Amazon Alexa devices which works well,all on the same wifi network.

Highlighted

Hello JCcares,

My apologies if my question was unclear. I meant do you have another device such as a different phone or tablet to set up your Home Speaker 500 with Google Assistant?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Thanks.I did try with another older iPad .The set up went well but at the end I got the 'oops' message again.At this point I'm really not sure what to do.Maybe return it to the store for a different one?

Is this a common issue with Bose HS 500?

Nobody answered that last question yet!

Highlighted

Hello JCcares,

Thanks for testing this, I'm sorry that the issue still persists. 

This is not a common issue with the Home Speaker 500. One last thing I would recommend would be rebooting your router. To do this, remove the power for 60 seconds. Once rebooted, please try to set up the Google Assistant again. 

If this does not resolve the issue, I would recommend reaching out to our customer support via the phone to explore your next steps. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that I have not been able to resolve this issue for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Thank you.Really appreciate your support.I had rebooted wifi but it didn't help.I had chatted with Bose support but they couldn't fix it either.I will probably call Bose as a last resort & if that doesn't work I will return it asap.I hope they will replace it with a new one since my speaker is a brand new one.If not that would be goodbye to Bose !

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 4, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 300 Does not have Google assistant

Hi bose assistance

i bought a bose home speaker 300, the product shows Google Assistance

but when setting up I cannot find it, and it says the voice assistance not available in the region

it’s weird that i have iphone and Google speaker they both work well with GA

i am from VN, please help to figure out this

thank you/ kenny